Book In Advance

from $127.90
More Info
from $116.30
More Info
All reviews fine sand shallow water black sea coast summer holiday bars and restaurants having fun clubs sunbeds romania august resort music disco waves parties shells ibiza
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I spent two weeks on this beach and I can honestly say it is a beautiful part of Romania. The night life is great, the sun during the summer is gorgeous (blue sky) and the people are very friendly. It is not far away from Bucharest, quite convenient for a weekend away.

5  Thank Ana-Maria_Mandra
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Mamaia beach is a beautiful stretch of beach just north of Constanta on the 'Romanian Riviera'. The beach is nice and the water is relatively clean but the water temperature is colder than one would experience in the Caribbean or southern US coastal beaches at a similar time of the year. We were told we were fortunate that it was an abnormally hot summer and the water was warmer than usual for early September. There are a large number of hotels and restaurants lining the beach ranging from modest to upscale. One must be diligent to obtain lodging that provides non-smoking rooms. Most restaurants do not have designated non-smoking areas. We found it best best to dine at open air restaurants.

1  Thank bfg1943
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Last minute decision to take a few days break in Romania and catch some sunshine (after a lousy summer in the UK) on the Black Sea coast.

Since I'm not that much into the night life I wasn't that concerned that most places on the 'Mamaia strip' were closed (last week in September) but the weather was still really fabulous 32C every day and clear blue sky with a gentle breeze. Beach was fine and, though often I appeared to be the only guy swimming, the Black Sea was plenty warm enough. More people around at the weekend which made the whole scene a bit 'livelier'.

I rented a car and drove from Bucharest on the A2 to Constanta/Mamaia then used the car to explore the coast done as far as Vama Veche. It's possible to take a day trip into Bulgaria, though I didn't bother.

I had a lot of warnings about how bad it was to drive in Romania both from friends and the internet. Rubbish. I had NO trouble at all, despite the rental company not having the SatNav I ordered. Drive defensively, watch your speed, turn your lights on (all the time), and you'll be fine. Romania is a great place.

8  Thank Brian P
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The view is very nice at the shore of the Black Sea. A lot restaurants with good food at very afordable prices. Not many people speak English so communication may be difficult. Roumanians are nice and polite and will try to acomodate anybody.

1  Thank vulpy
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am a local here since I live in Constanta, near Mamaia Beach. I can say the beaches are more beautiful in the north area, as the road goes to Navodari, but the prices are higher as well. There are a lot of lounges and beach bars where you can chill and also clubs if you're into the nightlife. The whole area is well-kept and the locals are trying to make the best of it every summer.

16  Thank Oana A