“Best Business Hotel in Constanta”
Review of Hotel Cherica

Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Constanta
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our company's staff has visited Cherica once in a while over the last 4 years due to the professional activities in Constanta. The hotel's location is excelent, being close to most important institutions in Constanta. The rooms are large with nice decorations, the staff is young and friendly. The restaurant is very nice with a large terrace. The minibar mix and the excellent limited edition wine it offers a desired comfort and a pleasant the stay.

Room Tip: The diplomatic suites are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ioan A
Stefan-Gogota, General Manager at Hotel Cherica, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2014

Dear IoanA,

Many thanks for the nice words which you posted to TripAdvisor.

We are very glad to read your positive remarks regarding your stay at Chérica Hotel.

We will share them with our team.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

All the best !

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Returning to Constanta for some business, I chose again Cherica, as I consider it the best option for business hotel in Constanta. The staff as always had done their best to provide me with an enjoyable stay.
As for the breakfast, even if it served in the downstairs restaurant, Cafe-Cafe, I was offered the option to have it served in the room with no additional cost.
As a return guest in this hotel, the general manager, Mr. Stefan Gogota, has offered me a special bottle of wine, a different one from the standard bottles available in the room's minibar. This bottle is the limited edition of Cuvee Cherica, an edition prepared by Alira (which is suppling the other wines in the hotel) and it is offered for the special guests of the hotel.
Another touch which made yet another enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: My favorite room is no 15, a double superior room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Florin M

Dear Florin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at Chérica Hotel.

I was very happy to read that we were able impress you with the quality of service and prove to you that we are worthy of all the excellent reviews we recieve on Tripadvisor.com.

We try to keep this level constantly so I really hope that your next stay (in room nr 15) will be the same or even exceed the previous one.

See you soon in Constanta!

With best wishes.

Stefan Gogota

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, seconds from the beach, and minutes to other attractions in Constanta. I stayed for 3 nights , the hotel was classy, the room we had was surprisingly big, very clean , and although there was construction everywhere around Constanta this time a year, I couldn't hear it at all. I arrived really late at night, unfortunately the bell boy was not working past 10pm that night , but there was only a flight of stairs to the room so that part was not that bad. The toiletries in the room were great ! Also the receptions staff was very helpful, they even arranged for a driver when i needed to visit some family a ways out of Constanta. ( He was nice, and professional as well. ) Breakfast was included, and served in the cafe downstairs and it is a la carte. The food was very good. The only downside is that the view from my balcony included an ugly telephone pole. I will stay at this hotel again .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TeoIlie
Stefan-Gogota, General Manager at Hotel Cherica, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear TeoIlie,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Chérica, for your trip to Constanta !

I wish to express my gratitude for taking your time to share your feed-back about your stay at Hotel Chérica on Trip Advisor page.

I would like to inform you that it was a great pleasure to share your compliments with our team. We assure you that next time the bellboy’s services will be full time available for you.

Your satisfaction is our prior concern and we will be more than happy to provide you our dedicated services as always.

Regarding the telephone wires we are glad to inform you that the municipality has started burring them under the pavement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Chérica during your next visit in Constanta.

Sincerely yours,

Ştefan Gogotă

Hotel Chérica – Constanta
E-mail:s.gogota@cherica.ro

Reviewed September 10, 2013

For the past 2 years I have been visiting Cherica hotel (at least once every month) due to professional commitments. The hotel (also according to my previous review) is the best in Constanta, however after so many stays in the hotel I must say that the management does not respect their regulars customers as much as they claim they do. Lately I have been trying to reserve a room at the hotel but instead of being told that there are no good rooms available, the hotel has offered to accommodate me in their worst room (that is room 18) in their premises: an inconveniently small twin bed room, which suffers from intolerant bad smells (a combination of smoke and sewage smell) and, to my surprise, as equally expensive as the rest of the clearly superior deluxe mini-suites. What adds to such unprofessional behaviour is the fact that, although the hotel staff denies me a proper room, I can still find one through the various websites for the same period. Therefore I have come to the decision not to visit Cherica again. Besides, the hotel does not offer much in terms of facilities (lack of conference rooms, gym, proper area for breakfast etc).

Room Tip: Avoid room 18!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank Eleni_gak
Stefan-Gogota, General Manager at Hotel Cherica, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Mrs. Gaki,

First of all, I would like to clarify that the reservation for August was made for only one person: Mr. Dimitriadis.

We are aware that Room 18, a room with two separate beds, is not a suitable room for a couple, but the reservation was made for only one person: Mr. Dimitriadis; nobody informed us that you, Mrs. Gaki, will come with him.
So, we cannot be held responsible for this situation, mainly because Mr. Dimitriadis was announced that this is the only available room and HE ACEPTED.

Very often, during the last years Mr. Dimitriadis came accompanied by you, even if the reservations were made for a single room, and we usually did not charge you extra.

We are happy that often we could make exceptions for you, and we are not expecting any thanks, but please, ask for Mr. Dimitriadis regarding the conditions of this reservation before sending your complaint.

Last but not least, this room was only available for Mr. Dimitriadis reservation. Of course if we have had another one, we would have given it certainly to him.

Regards from Constanza

Stefan Gogota

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Cherica is definitely very well located with just a few steps from the beach. The staff is really friendly and speaking good English.
The room is not small with the sitting area and the bedroom, yet not sure if you can call it 'Deluxe Suite'.
We really liked the toiletries ( shower gel, shampoo, body lotion). Breakfast is also not bad and more than enough even though you have to leave the building and go next door to a cafe.
Internet connection via wifi free of charge as well as the large choice of TV channels are available in case you get bored in the evenings.

On the downsides, I'm not sure if in other countries such price would need to be paid for such standard as e.g. the decor of the room is not so modern, beds are narrow and rather hard. Also it is interesting that even though the rooms are made up everyday, the beds are not made and the toiletries are not filled up. In the cafe where breakfast is served people smoke and the staff are rather indifferent if not rude- still it's not part of the hotel.
All in all, I will recommend this hotel but for the price we paid, I am not sure we really got the Deluxe Suite and if so.. then it as much as you can expect there..

Room Tip: not sure if available but try to get a room with at least partial sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marek W

Dear Marek,

We would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experience and your impression of our hotel on the TripAdvisor public website. We understand your time is valuable and it means a lot to us when our guests provide us with feedback.

I was glad to read that there were many aspects of hotel Cherica that you enjoyed; however I was sorry to note that you left Constanta without the feeling of a perfect stay due to the fact that you found our accommodation, restaurant and bar prices too high.

Concerning the breakfast, we were facing some challenges due to the combined smoking and non-smoking areas in the same building due to the fact that in Romania smoking is not prohibited in restaurants/bars. However the graceful result based on a fresh and variate ,,A la Carte" breakfast instead of an open buffet and the possibility of serving it in the room, usually compensates for the few shortcomings in the eyes of most of our guests.

Thank you also for mentioning that not all our services met your expectation. We admit there is always space for improvement and that we can benefit from our guests’ feedback.

Unfortunately, you were accommodated in a Deluxe Suite with twin beds (city view); Also we offer Deluxe Suites with partial sea view with a private Suite Bedroom & Living room area: queen-size bed and lot of facilities like partially mini bar included in the room rate, free of charge high speed WI-FI & cable Internet access, freshly cut flowers placed in your room, spacious bathrooms with bath tube, bathrobes, slippers, 8 cotton towels, beach towels, scale, hair dryer, make up mirror etc. Room size is up to 47 sq m

Otherwise, please be assured that we have taken good notes of your comments.

I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you back at hotel Cherica any time in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while diving in Constanta. It's a haven of refined taste and classiness in a city a bit lacking in those traits (old City and heaving amusement arcade atmosphere of Mamania--so very glad I didn't stay there!).

The bellboy met my car and helped carry by bags up to the room. Note there is no elevator and the stairs up to reception and then up another flight of stairs to the rooms are steep, so this hotel is not suitable for those with impaired mobility.

Check in was very efficient, with a heartfelt we've been expecting you." Service is very good.

Rooms are very spacious, clean and modern with a masculine feel. Beige carpets and black wooden furniture. Good sized flat screen TV with hundreds of cable channels. Bathroom too is spacious and inlcudes a tub and even beach towels as the beach is right below the hotel. The only thing lacking is conditioner. Hairdryers are high speed. You get two free bottles of water (one still, one sparkling) from the minibar a day and there is free water available from large water cooled bottles in the corridor.

WIFI is lightening fast and they also have DSL cable connectors in the room for more secure connections. I had about 30 pages of business docuemnts I needed printed and they put it all in a nice folder at no charge.

They have a 7 day a week laundry service even though the laundry sheet says it's not available on Sunday. Prices are reasonable.

Breakfast is included in the room rate. It's an interesting system as you can have anything from the restaurant menu up to 40 Lei. However, that amount is carefully calculated so that you won't have to shell out cash for breakfast. As another reviewer noted, choices are heavy on the eggs and omelette dishes. This means they can keep serving breakfast until very later in the afternoon, but means they are short of cereals and yoghurts. I did get a fantastic fruit plate by ordering from the dessert portion of the menu though.

An excellent address.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank poleinahole1

Dear Madame,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Cherica for your visit to Constanta. I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experience and your general impression of our Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the Hotel building amazing and thank you for mentioning that you received an outstanding service from our staff. However we took a good note of your comments in relation to the lack of an elevator. We also want to thank you for your remarks in regards to the restaurant where breakfast is served.

We admit that our Hotel Cherica did not have an elevator until now; therefore we are planning to introduce one, hopefully starting from next year because as you can imagine installing such modern facilities in an old building is not without creating some challenges due to the physical restrictions.

We appreciate your feedback and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Cherica should you travel to Constanta once more.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We first stayed at this hotel 4 yrs ago and we were expecting a decline in quality since.
However, we were nicely suprised to have saved all our info making checking fast and efficient.
The suite was spacious, elegant, comfortable, clean, with beautiful flowers at the windows...I just love love this hotel....It is close some of the best restaurants in town ( Irish Pub) and breakfast, included, is server at a cafe downstairs: great selection of drinks, food and good services.
Great job!!

Room Tip: the executive suite facind Irish pub
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Florina,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so glad that you were impressed with the beauty, comfort, location of our historical building and the professional service offered to you by our staff, highlighting our team’s services which you have found particularly helpful and knowledgeable. It was nice to learn that you had a truly memorable experience in Constanta.

I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with the entire team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back at Cherica hotel.