Esplanada Hotel
Egreta(Tulcea)
  • Breakfast included
Best Delta(Murighiol)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe rivernice hoteldelta tourscorner roomrecommend this hotelbeautiful viewtwo nightsbathromaniascoreprosshorerestaurantfareconstrips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Room 310, the best in town! Large, warm, clean, quiet, the best view over Danube. I hope to be free next time I'll be in Tulcea. Esplanada made me to want come back again.
The breakfast: the only thing I could complain of...the reason could be the lack of tourists in feb, I hope in spring and summer to be self-service as anyone could eat without asking for everything.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Room with excellent view but staff not realy helpfull .
Front desk should be able to provide more assistance to simple question about facilities on the area.
Cleanliness as it should be
Breakfast room too sad .it reminds old old times.
The existing parking facilities is a plus for this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel rooms looks nice, especially the view to Danube. Room is well equipped.

The biggest improvement must be done with the service and staff. Blonde lady was too arrogant to work in reception.

During the breakfast nobody removed dirty plates, we had to find knifes by ourselves (we took them from served tables in another part of restaurant), because waiters were too busy chatting and sitting at the table all together and eating breakfast as hotel guests.

Tratorria in ground floor do not match with 4* hotel, the food is very cheap (for pasta 3 EUR), but quality is terrible. This hotel has potential to be 4* hotel with some improvements, but with such staff attitude it seems to be far away in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Audrius_Ab
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband, I and someone else in our family stayed in this hotel already twice, once in August 2011 and once in May 2013. The hotel looks nice, with very big rooms and confortable beds, is clean and has a great view over the Danube, but there are a few negative things which can be solved very easily in order to have a positive experience per total. What I believe is that they put a little bit more effort during summer, when the hotel is more busy, but try to manage with as little as possible in the months when visitors are less. I booked the hotel again, as our first experience was a very good one, but now in May, although the weather was very hot in Romania, they didn't switch on the A/C, which made especially the nights very hot and unpleasent. It's true that after I contacted the reception a few times, they have offered some bigger rooms, apparently cooler, but this didn't solve the problem. A 4 stars hotel having the same prices like all over in Europe, not being prepared to switch on the A/C when outside are 28-30 degrees, is unacceptable.
Another negative aspect is, as many already have said here, the breakfast - very poor, no variation at all (we have stayed 4 nights), absolutely not proper for such a nice hotel. The eggs were fried in the morning and then not warm enough, looking dry and strange, only one kind of bread (toast bread), the aubergine salad without taste, the fish eggs looking like being there since a while and so on. I can understand that in the hotel were not many guests at that time and they didn't want to make a big boufet, but for such cases there would be a reasonable solution - they could bring the breakfast at the table and make at least the eggs fresh, after asking the guests how they like it (after all, there was never more than 2 tables taken in the whole restaurant) and buy some better quality juice at least, a few boxex would be enough for one morning. It's such a pity that something which could be a wonderful experience, like a breakfast on the terrace, with the wonderful view of the Danube, it's getting transformed in a sad meal.

The personal was nice, only sometimes at breakfast we needed to wait pretty long when something was needed, because the only person there was missing or doing something for other of the few guests.

Generally a positive impression and I would go again, just that they need to change the philosophy of the breakfast, which for some of the tourists is a very important part of the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anda_10
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been here with my fiance for an event. We stayed ome night, at esplanada hotel. I liked the hotel, seems to be an old one remade recently. The rooms are very big and the beds are huge! I loved the bathroom because it was very clean and warm.:) the view from the room was outstanding. We stayed at the 4 flloor and we cod see the danube river! We we t to this nice event at one of our frinds 3 km away from the hotel. The event place was great. It was very classy and the food was outstanding! The peoblem was at breakfast. It is a petty for a hotel this beautifull to have such an auwfull breakfast. Even if I cam down At 7 o'clock the oet was cold the meat was old and the cheese, well, i couldn't even aproach it! I wanted to eat somecereals bit the mussly was o er and the waiter told me that he hasn't any more! All in all I sant to say that I liked the hotel but the breakfast is. I good!

• Stayed: March 2013