“Exellent place to stay :)”

Pensiunea Casa Samurai
Ranked #16 of 141 Brasov B&B and Inns
Dougherty
“Exellent place to stay :)”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This place has an excellent location within walking distance from the city center. Everyone working there is super helpful with everything. WIFI works great. The rooms are much nicer than average and very clean. I even stayed an extra night! I would go here again :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Suceava, Romania
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, with friendly people, large rooms and comfortable beds, clean bathroom. They accept pets, we were there with our small dog, who was playing with the dogs from the hotel. The breakfast was good and you can park the car in front of the hotel

Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Alex M
Iasi, Romania
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

A nice environment, good and comfortable rooms, large beds, service of a good quality. Highly recommend for group of friends who want to spend their stay in Brasov. The prices are quite fair, especially for students

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manila
Reviewed October 20, 2013

First off, the owner was very nice and fetched me at the train station (free service) despite a last minute schedule change. He was very personable. I often saw him actively helping guests to their rooms (carrying bags, etc.) and even serving the breakfast.

Casa Samurai is an excellent place to base yourself, especially if you want a place away from the tourist area but still want to be able to walk everywhere. It takes a max of 15min. to walk to the town center, but there are beautiful parks along the way and cheap places to eat around the area. The fact that it was decorated with Japanese elements (the owner is Japanese) also added to a unique ambiance in the middle of Brasov.

The neighbourhood is in a quiet, safe section of the city with nearby post offices, banks, exchange offices, and even salons, laundromats, and minimarts. I felt very safe even while walking alone at night or going in and out of the area. Inside the pensiune itself, there's also an ironing board in the common room.

The room I stayed in was very well-furnished, and the bathroom was clean and well-stocked. I liked that there was a full wardrobe and mirror in the room, as well as having a lot of space to move around in. Unlike in other pensiunes, the bed only takes up a small part of the room instead of crowding the space. I suggest to book your stay with breakfast, since the meal was hearty with more on the plate than in most hotels.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms filter out any street noise (though this pensiune is in a nice quiet neighbourhood...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The rooms are extremely noisy with poor sound isolation. I was woken up by the person in the room in the floor above me showering late at night and then early in the morning again woken up by the people in the next room showering at 5AM. Neither the room nor the shower was very clean.

When I checked out I made the mistake of asking whether I could pay by credit card, and the owner told me that he didn't think foreign credit cards worked in Romania. I asked him to try anyway and then a message appeared on the screen in Romanian that I did not understand. I thought it was asking for my pin, but I later found out it was asking for the last four digits of my credit card. I did not have a pin code so I could not pay by credit card. I am positive the owner understood what it was asking, but did not want to tell me which forced me to pay cash. I made my reservation a day before, but when I had to pay cash, the owner charged me 3 lei more than in my reservation. I pointed out the amount in my reservation and he said something about exchange rates always changing, but I had made my reservation the day before. Although 3 lei may not sound like a lot to one person, if the owner overcharges everyone by just 3 lei in just one month, he could make thousands of euro more per month.

Because of the poor state of the rooms and the dishonesty of the owner, I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank sigulda158
Mellieha, Malta
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spent one night at Casa Samurai with my husband. Rooms are very clean & comfortable. Wifi is working & strong connection at all levels. The premises is not far at all from the city centre of Brasov. Price is excellent! Thank you for your service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nellavdw
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Neat rooms, but a little too far from centru.

I stayed with my two year old son and my wife. The rooms are clean and petit. Staff are helpful, particularly the owner. A fine Japanese man with fluent Romanian language skills.

The public area has some Japanese antiques that gives a feel to the name  - Casa Samurai.

The hotel provides a dining room at the ground floor, where I met a very friendly lady who looks after your food and beverage aspects for breakfast.

My only suggestion is that If you intend to spend most of your time at Cenrtu, then this Pensiune is actually a good 20 minutes walk. In summer this could be a little frustrating, although Brasov taxi service are some of the most timely services I have experienced. They promise a taxi to be sent in user three minutes and they actually do send it! It happened with me in all the 22 times I ordered a city taxi.

• Stayed August 2013