All reviews impressive breakfast cheap taxi ride close to city center top floor old town rooms are clean the main street walking distance third floor breakfast was included large bathroom excellent hotel free parking bran castle balcony km mountains
Reviewed April 15, 2016

Great location. I really enjoyed my time during my stay here at Ambient Pension. Friendly staff, especially at the reception. The room was big, nice and clean, wonderful view. That's why I'll always stay here whenever I'll be visiting Brasov.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2016

We were greeted very warmly by the reception, we were lead into the room and helped with the luggage by the bartender.
From entering the room I was pleasantly surprised by a spacious and very clean room.
Congratulations for the location and staff and Thank you to consider our request to give us a room with balcony ( being smokers).

Note 10 for everything!!!

Reviewed April 7, 2016

We had a great time in this pension, very close to the city center, nice, clean and spacious rooms. The breakfast was very good, wi-fi available in the room and public areas.
The staff is very nice, polite and smiling, helpful and always willing to give you any info you need.
Irecommend it and for sure we will get back at Ambient pension soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2015

Where to start...

This is our second visit to this pension. On our first visit everything was good. Room was spacious, warm and clean. Bathroom was also clean. That was two years ago.

We made a second reservation and wanted the same room, which was given to us. We checked in at the reception. The receptionist was ok. As there is no elevator we had to carry all of our luggage upstairs. This is something we knew beforehand however. When we entered the room we noticed it was a mess. While the beds were made up ok, the rest was a disaster. It was a huge difference between our first visit and our last visit. I doubt anything was cleaned, there was a layer of dust on all the furniture and the glasses that were in our room weren't used for a long time I think. They had a very thick coat of dust on them and were generally filthy. We brought the glasses down and put them directly on the reception desk asking if this is normal. We got a million excuses and new glasses. Doesn't take away the fact that everything was very dirty inside the room. I doubt the room had been vacuum cleaned in the last 2 weeks. There were hairs, dust and particles on the floor.
The toilet was so dirty it was totally unusable and unacceptable. Too bad we didn't take a picture of it. We bought our own cleaning supplies and cleaned the room, including the toilet. There were also hairs in the shower.

At night we went to the bar for a cup of tea. The bartender was sleeping at 19:00, but ok. He sold us a cup of hot water, the water however was cold. We didn't notice this until we were upstairs in our room. Needless to say we were not amused. Went downstairs and got a new tea, which was hot.

The pension isn't maintained very well, cracks and holes in the wall. Some power sockets in the wall didn't have a cover on them. Did I mention the dust already?
Rooms can be very cold, especially at night. The central heating sometimes works, usually it doesn't. Radiators are cold.

Rooms are extremely noisy. We could hear our neighbor having a bad time on the toilet. Maybe he ate the breakfast?
The stench of the breakfast and god knows what else penetrates the whole hotel, thus also in the rooms.

We didn't take the breakfast option as we learned from our first experience. Definitely not worth €10 per person. Worst breakfast I have ever seen. For that amount of money you can eat like a king at the restaurant next door; Ceasu Rau.

Wi-Fi was really bad, I think they had only one router for the whole hotel. One line signal at best and the speed was horrible.

Conclusion: In an ample time of 2 years the service and quality of this pension went extremely down hill. Back in the day I would recommend this pension. Now I recommend people to stay the hell away from it. Plenty of other hotels and pensions in the area for the same price. Prices for the rooms are too high for this 'standard' that we got.

Room tip: Make sure you get a room at the back. The other rooms are extremely small and you end up street-side which is very noisy.
Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed November 5, 2015

This hotel is at about 15-20min walk from the center.
Taxi is extremely cheap so you could get a ride for 1 – 1,5eur.
The rooms (we’ve stayed at number 5, which is a double bed) is very large and well equipped. Bathroom is specious too.
Beds are very comfortable. There are glasses, water, and fridge with drinks.
TV is large and with many channels.
Bathroom is with a shower and very sensitive tap, so the line between hot and cold water is rather thin.
One huge minus is that it was rather cold in the room, especially at night. The house has central heating and they adjust the temperature as they like it. It was 12-15 degrees outside when we’ve arrived and the radiators were cold. Later afternoon they were warm, still it was on the cold side in the afternoon and evening and very cold at night.
I don’t think that it’s smart thing to keep the rooms called at the prices of 59eur for a double room. I think that the price should be more like 40eur. I haven’t been staying at other places in Brasov so can’t really compare. Hotels in Timisoara, for example, are cheaper.
We’ve stayed there for 2 nights, but there was no room cleaning, even the beds were not made. They just opened the windows and took the trash out.
Receptionists were extremely friendly, there were 2 young women working (with a help of a young man at nights) and the girls were always smiled and ready to help.
Breakfast was plain.
Wi-Fi available at the lobby, with decent speed.

Date of stay: November 2015