All reviews impressive breakfast cheap taxi ride close to city center top floor old town rooms are clean the main street walking distance third floor breakfast was included large bathroom excellent hotel free parking bran castle balcony km mountains
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ambient Pension is relatively new and modern Hotel in Brasov. The hotel is located ten minutes walk from the center of the city. The rooms are comfortable and prices are fair. The hotel has a nice restaurant, the food is good and prices are OK. WiFi is free only in the lobby. To sum up its good solution both for tourists and for businessman visiting Brasov.

Room tip: try to avoidthe rooms facing the main street.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is not regular four stars as we're use to. On the other hand the team is doing their best to help you in anything while you're there.
The bathroom is sealed in a way you don't hear any noise at all. On the other hand they don't have vent that replace the air & take off the moist..
The elevator is very small in case you need a wheel-chair.
The rooms are large to say the least.
While doing the reservation make sure that you're booked for the Four Stars rooms as fortunately we did & found that it wasn't.
They hold only one accessible room.
The facilities for disabled are not enough from our experience.

Room tip: Prefer the rooms that are not "On the road".
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hosts effort to create a pleasant stay is admirable but remain some things that can be easily improved. For example, the smell of stagnant water in the bathroom, cop attitude of staff at check out. It's good when you're stopped one night passing through.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Brasov was the first stop of my Transylvania road trip and I decided to stay at Ambient Pension based on the price of the pension, location and other comments on Tripadvisor. The front desk staff was amazing and very helpful. They assisted me with things to do and see around Brasov and they helped me with directions to sights near Brasov.
My one complaint is probably my own fault, I booked the smallest room that they had. I was traveling alone so I didn't think this would be a big deal however it was summer time, very warm, and the room didn't have AC. I checked with the front desk to switch rooms however that was not an option and they had no more electric fans for the guests to borrow. I figured I would be alright left the window open during the night.....Well again, that was my mistake, I forgot how much mosquitos love foreign blood.
I definitely recommend this pension just make sure to pay attention to what exactly you are booking.

Room tip: Don't get the smallest room during the summertime, unless you think you can handle it
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at the Pension Ambient for 5nights and had a great time. I agree with the below comment about the air refreshner smell in the furniture & the subsequent smell of smoke however judging from walking around the city- smoking is embedded in the culture and many restaurants have indoor smoking areas.

Our room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. We were on the top floor- please note that there is no elevator but only maximum of 4 floors so no elevator is fine.

Breakfast was included and had basic things like cold cuts, yogurt, cereal (only the sweet stuff), etc. sometimes there was hot eggs and sausages however this was not availalbe everyday for some reason.

The staff are really friendly. Cleaning ladies even tied the laces on my bf's shoes!! and lined them up neatly against the wall. When we asked for train schedules, the lady at the desk printed this out for us.

I would also like to point out that there is a fabulous restaurant at the end of the street (walk out of main entrance turn left). The restaurant was recommended to us by the staff as it is opened till 11pm and has a outdoor patio section (with smoking) and indoor section. Please note that entrance to indoor section is right on the corner and is not as evident as smoking entrance. The food was cheap and amazing. We ate there 4 out of 5 nights. Trying something different each time!

The hotel is also not too far from the old town and it is a walkable distance. We also walked to the Train Station from the hotel a few times- as it is not too far (approx 20mins).

Date of stay: June 2012