All reviews international phone calls old town star wing lobby bar air conditioning minute walk free parking in front nice breakfast huge bathroom great central location easy access star hotel room was spacious hotel is located walking distance kind staff cleaning staff
Reviewed November 22, 2015

The hotel is just under 2 km away from the city center and is still quite a walk for the price that you pay for a room.
Rooms are very nice and spacious (at least the 4* ones). It was also clean.

Minuses
-The piccolo of the hotel entered our Room out of the blue, he was carrying luggage. Obviously not for us...
-They have a variety of tea and coffee set up, including a water boiler. However there is no complimentary water. The tap water is not drinkable, as stated by the hotel.
-There is a mirror on top of the bed, while cheesy it makes us wonder what else the rooms are used for.
-Breakfast, while it was fine, was not up to 4* standards. No fresh juices and limited as a whole.
-We reserved the sauna and the Jacuzzi which were located in the same room. The room was very clean and looked nice. The Jacuzzi however was set by an employee of the hotel to a temperature which you could boil an egg in. After pouring in cold water for 10 minutes it was still too hot and we went in regardless. Needless to say I still feel warm from the Jacuzzi experience a whole 3 weeks later.
-We were not allowed to park in the underground parking garage because it seems it's reserved for employees. I feel that my car would be safer underground than topside. At the time we were there there was an event, parking spaces were very limited and it was quite a manouvre to get the car parked in a very cramped space off-site.
-Rooms not soundproofed well in some area's, specifically the bathroom.
-Unfriendly staff
-No room service

Pluses:
-View
-Clean
-Big (4*)
-Great coffee at breakfast
-Nice TV, however the digital receiver was not working. We still had channels though. There's a HDMI cable that runs from the receiver to the TV, I made good use for it connecting my laptop to the TV.
-Internet is very good and fast.
-Beds were clean and comfortable.
-Food at the Hotel Restaurant was surprisingly good (not the breakfast that is.) It's open till 23:00.
-Very nice view and quiet neighborhood. I can imagine that if you stay at the street-side it gets very noisy. I recommend a room on the upper levels to avoid noise from the reception/entrance.

Room tip: Top floors, back side of the hotel. Not on the street side.
Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed October 13, 2015

I spent a very lovely six weeks at Hotel Ambient. There were so many great things about this hotel - not just that I had a great room, but I really felt like it was my home for the time I was there. The front desk staff helped me with everything - ordering pizzas, helping me get a taxi, making dinner reservations, printing my documents, helping me clean up the cup I broke at midnight (sorry! lol)...all the time they were very gracious and friendly.

Starting with the room - fantastic view of the citadel and city (on the top floor) and much more spacious than I was expecting. The bathroom had a great tub/spa and shower that was amazing after my super long days at work. It was also nice and quiet up in my room, and I had good WiFi. There was even a balcony that was the perfect place to drink wine and watch the sun set.

I ate breakfast almost every day at Hotel Ambient. I tried all of the tradition food (alas, my delicate American stomach cannot handle the awesomeness of the Romanian sausage and cheese feast), and after a few days I stuck to the Muesli. There was a good variety of foods at the breakfast buffet, and I loved the happy faces I saw in the morning. Great service, seriously.

The lobby of the hotel is pretty hip at night - I had no idea :) You can buy alcoholic drinks and sit and smoke to your heart's desire. Or you can be a square like me and just buy a Fanta for five lei and people watch.

The hotel itself is the perfect distance from the square. It's just far enough that you're not caught up in the loud hustle and bustle of Republicii, but you're still a quick five minute walk away (and a beautiful walk at that). I did a lot of jogging while I was there, and again, an easy distance to jog and explore the city.

So, after being there for six weeks, would I recommend this hotel to Americans? Heck yeah, I would. It was very similar to what you'll experience at American hotels - even more so than the Sibiu Hilton, where I also stayed on my trip. I actually missed my rooms at Hotel Ambient while I was at the Hilton, how crazy is that?! But that's how much I enjoyed it. My fellow Americans, you will find an English speaking staff, spacious clean rooms, bountiful breakfasts, and a perfect location. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

(oh, and try the ice cream at the restaurant - best I've ever had in my life!)

Room tip: Top floor - best views of city and citadel with a great balcony view of the sunset
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank travelhappyatl
Reviewed October 5, 2015

We stayed here recently for 3 nights in a 4 star room which turned out to be very nice, but we were mislead by the reception staff because on arrival we were told that we were given the non-smoking room which we had requested, however our room was definitely a smoking room. When we saw the room, we decided to stay there because it was a corner room, which had views in different directions and because you could open the windows, we hoped that we could air out the room, which we mostly did. The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable and the fact that the furniture and decor was very dated didn't really matter to our stay. We had breakfast in the hotel and there was quite a good selection, however we had the misfortune of trying to have breakfast at the same time as a tour group on our last morning, who consumed everything in sight. The staff were reasonable in replacing the food the other days we ate here, but since we were in a hurry on our last morning, we didn't really have time to wait so we didn't have a great breakfast. Location wise, the hotel is very close to the centre of the town - an easy 5 minute walk. Unfortunately, just like in the rest of Romania where we have been, the reception staff in the hotel is quite unfriendly.

Room tip: Make sure you ask for a room in the 4 star section of the hotel - the corner rooms have a great outlook on a high floor
Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed September 27, 2015

We stayed at the Hotel Ambient on the advice of a relative who lives in Brasov. We were there for six nights, but the first night they were completely booked, and our room was in the 3 star section of the hotel. The lack of an elevator and air conditioning for that section wasn't a problem for us, and the large room was comfortable, but our room was above the kitchen, and it was loud early in the morning even with the windows closed. We were very pleased with the room we had for five nights in the 4 star section of the hotel. The room was spacious, comfortable, and very quiet. The location of the hotel is very good. It is easy walking distance to the Black Church and the Piata Sfatului. The breakfast buffet can be very busy, since tour groups often stay at the hotel, but the staff is efficient, and we found it easy to plan our breakfast time to avoid the crowds. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. We would stay there again when we return to Brasov.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed September 24, 2015 via mobile

We always stay at the Ambient when in Brasov. From check in to check out its always efficient, staff always helpful and on this occasion the gentleman operating the boom gate was very pleasant. We have always found the rooms to be ultra clean, good wifi. Nice comfy bed and large rooms. The owner, management and staff do a great job keeping the entire HOTEL looking clean and modern.

We will return again when back in Europe.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AmbientHotels, Manager at Hotel Ambient, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

Hello dear Gazdan,
And thank you for appreciating our efforts to reach the best level of service.
We are looking forward to welcome you in your next journey in Brasov, Romania, the desert will be on us, just let us know by sending an email.