All reviews international phone calls old town star wing lobby bar air conditioning minute walk free parking in front nice breakfast huge bathroom great central location easy access star hotel room was spacious hotel is located walking distance kind staff cleaning staff
Reviewed April 28, 2015

Hotel Ambient is a good hotel center located in Brasov with easy access to shopping area in brasov Bdul Republicii and also to the Black Church.
the rooms are decent with the facilities i recommend to make the booking at 4 stars instead of 3 stars.
Very good breakfast and very helpfull staff.

Room tip: lower levels in the 3 star version
Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed April 18, 2015

I was on the one week business trip in the Brasov and this Hotel was recommendation from the local company, due to good B2B relations with them.
My opinion is that's more than decent hotel for the short business trips. Located on the busy three-line city road, it can be loud on the morning rush hour, together with emergency cars running from the nearby hospital with sirens on.
Room which I get was more than spacious. It was located on the top floor (I think 6-th) and was only one on that level. Problem was that small panoramic elevator ends on the floor below, so if you equipped with bulky luggage, you have to carry it on the stairs for one level. But, then you're rewarded with great double bed, big flat screen TV, few corners with table and chair, spacious bathroom with whirlpool tub (which I don't know is it working or not..) I would like to have some kind of shower curtain in the tub, because every shower ends in lot of water around.
Breakfast was quite good, same food repeated every morning. Stuff on the reception was willing to give directions and answer to every request. Only problem was big queue on the Friday check-out, it lasts about 45 mins to finish it.
Other than this, for really good four-star experience, to have some swimming pool I'll instantly recommend it for future business trips.

Room tip: Try to avoid rooms with street orientation.
Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed March 4, 2015

The hotel staff were very good - nice, polite and spoke good English. We had a bunch of questions and they were very helpful during our stay - they helped us with directions and phone calls and were available whenever we needed them. The hotel was clean and tidy and our room (a junior suite) was a good size. We had an enormous bed, a Jacuzzi bath, air conditioning, safe, hair dryer and a small balcony. The breakfasts were awesome - a continental option with meat and cheese, cereal, breads and pastries. Then a hot option which was the best as it mirrored the food influences of Brasov - Romanian, Hungarian, French, Italian, Serbian and German. The location was good for us - turn left out of the hotel and the bus station for Rasnov and Barn is at the end of the road (approx 20 minute walk). Turn right and it's a 15-20 minute walk to Brasov town centre. The hotel itself was quiet (with the exception of occasional barking dogs which is prevalent everywhere). The lift is very cool and allows you to see out of the front of the building and looks pretty at night when lit up. The only things I'd say they could improve on were the hardness of the mattress (my husband's only dislike) and the noise created by the Jacuzzi bath (but well worth it!). Other than that I can find nothing else we'd have asked for - we found it to be very good value for money.

Room tip: The room prices are pretty good, so we could afford to go for a junior suite, which was well worth it!
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Char H
Reviewed February 13, 2015 via mobile

I've been there, the location is very good, services are excellent, stuff is very polite and nice. The rooms are very clean, modern, it is quiet and the breakfast is good, I felt really good, really liked it, I recommend it. And the location of the hotel is a really good one as long as it is 10 minutes walking from the old city.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2014

I've stayed here twice while visiting Brasov on business trips.
The hotel is located just outside the old town center but within walking distance to all the restaurants in the town center.
The rooms at the hotel where very good but some of them are smoking rooms, so be sure to ask for the one you prefer.
The staff is very nice and speak good English.
The breakfast is buffet style with an OK selection of drinks and food.
I will certainly stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2014