Bella Muzica(Brasov)
$61
Hotel Brasov(Brasov)
$57
$131
Centrum House Hostel & Bar(Brasov)(Great Value!)
$44
  • Bar/Lounge
Kronwell Hotel(Brasov)
$125
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed 3 nights in Brasov at Guesthouse Postavarului and almost didn't want to leave! It's in a perfect location, right next to all the good stuff but on a quiet street. Andrei and Lucia are SO NICE and helpful! I wish all hosts were like them. And they have adorable kids. The room was nice and simple with a view over the cobblestone street, and there is wifi. We never even saw the other guests, and it was quiet and private. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We spend 4 days in Hungary and then took a train to Brasov Romania. The train was late and we ended up in Brasov around 11:00PM. The cab driver left us off at the bottom of the street of the Guesthouse, but the street was all torn up. There was no way we could drag our bags up that mess. We called Andre at the Guesthouse and he met us out on the street in his slippers and robe carrying a flashlight. Andre and Lucia were great! We rented a car to drive around Romania and Andre told us great places to go. He also made sure we had his business card, so we could call if anything went wrong. He and his wonderful wife, Lucia, invited us to have a BBQ with his lovely family. They prepared incredible chicken, pork, ribs, mushrooms, and homemade drink. My husband got sick and Andre even took me to the pharmacy to get him anitbiodics. The Guesthouse is in a great place in Brasov, just right off one block off the main square on a quiet street. Also, if you have a car, you can park in their courtyard. I would love to go visit them again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CGoff44
Reviewed May 26, 2010

You will not be disappointed with Guesthouse Postavarului. It is in a fantastic location, just around the corner from the cobblestone strip of cafes and shops in the centre of Brasov. I went back to my room several times during the day just because it was so convenient and comfortable there! Despite being central, it is very quiet and has a secure entrance.

The owners are the best I have encountered in my 5 weeks in Romania. They are super friendly, very accommodating and speak perfect English so there are no communication issues. It's just like being looked after by family, which is so comforting for a solo traveller. The room was spacious, warm and cosy, and clean. Everything worked perfectly and the water is always hot. There was also a fridge and kettle which came in handy. Without question I would stay here again and highly recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank MelboourneTravelBee
Reviewed January 4, 2010

This wonderful guesthouse has a fantastic location, great owners and an incredible value that can’t be beat. Situated on a cobblestone street with restricted car access, the guesthouse is secure and just a minute off the main street (plenty of shops, the square and restaurants and short distance to the sites). We stayed 3 nights, instructions to the guesthouse were easy to follow. Our double with ensuite was clean, had air con., hot water, and cable (numerous channels, grouped by languages/or content - I noticed!), plus visitors (guide, internet/restaurant, etc.) information available. The well traveled, multi-lingual owners Andrei and Lucia will make you feel like old friends already and they can offer insights the local culture or on making the most of your stay depending on your budget and time.

The guesthouse is easy on the wallet, we met up with fellow travelers later and found that at their guesthouse they wound up sleeping on a pull out sofa with minimal privacy for the same price we paid for our room at Guesthouse Postavarului. You simply can’t go wrong with Guesthouse Postavarului.

Our thanks to Andrei and Lucia! It was perfect.
Travellers from Canada

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2009

After traveling through Central Romania for a couple weeks, would have to say that the Guesthouse Postavarului was easily the most comfortable, clean and well-located accommodation we had found. Contained within the courtyarded charms of an authentic old/period house, the room was appointed and fitted-out with all the modern conveniences the less-than-ultra-needy could want. Given it’s ideal central location within Brasov’s Old Town (easily within a couple minutes walk of the Central Square), the price was also within a frugal travelers budget. The owner, Andrei was extremely accommodating in a spur of the moment arrangement via phone. He and his wife speak English extremely well, were very gracious and non-intrusive hosts, while also offering up some personable and interesting conversation. Needless to say, I will be returning to the Postavarului on my next (hopefully very soon) visit to Brasov!
Thanks again Andrei & Lucia!
Bob L.