See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

If you've ever slept in a classical communist-era hotel, you've basically slept here, too.
The furniture is old and I think it is still the same as when it first opened. The location and the view are very good, right in the city center, but I doubt that this can be a three star hotel in 2018.
The bathrooms have been reconditioned, I think, and are not that bad, but the beds are not great.
And also, they don't have parking spots, so if you travel here by car, be prepared to pay for parking in front of the hotel (1.5 RON/hour), that is if you find parking there. We waited for about an hour and kept going around the city in hopes we will find a free spot.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Old, dusty, unconfortable hotel. Pillows seem filled with potatoes. Fridge in the room making noise every ten minutes. Furniture at least 30 years old but my guess is around 40. Dirty carpet, broken furniture. Won't even risk having breakfast here. It's a pitty because it's a great location but it's unacceptable that a building like this is called a hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2017

I have been to this hotel for a weekend and it has been an ok stay. The hotel was opened in 1973 and I know that because I saw the year on some items. You can say it is an old place by the looks of the furniture, it actually reminded me of the holidays with my parents when I was yound. But even if it does not have a fancy design and the fresh air of 2017, it is a clean place, reconditioned here and there, right in the heart of the city. So if there is no better choice for you, this is an ok place, accepting its faith, not trying to pretend it is what it is not and for me honesty matters. It is not the best place. It is not the worst.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017

the topical communist time hotel huge lounge and reception, old elevators, old rooms, but still very clean and taken care of.
The breakfast is very poor even for Romania standards but in other hand the location is just perfect!! right in the center and next to the main food/nightlife street.

Room tip: a high one have a nice view over the city
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jorgefK6461JN
Reviewed July 10, 2017

This hotel is outdated and in need of refurbishment and tlc. I stayed here with a school party I was leading and several of the rooms had things broken in them etc. The decor is out of date and there is no aircon which was not pleasant in the 35 degree heat when we went! The staff are friendly but lacking dynamism and don't seem particularly interested. On the upside it has a very central location just a couple of minutes walk fro the old town square [which is lovely]. Wifi was only in the communal areas.

Date of stay: July 2017