“One of my favourites”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Gott has become one of my favourite restaurants in Brasov. I admit I have not tried everything on the menu, but so far I have enjoyed all the food I tasted there. I am especially fond of the pizza, which in my opinion is better than in pizza shops. The prices are reasonable for the city center, the waiters I have met so far were all nice and helpful, the atmosphere is always nice and I made it a habit to visit Gott every week, so that must mean something.

There are newer reviews for Gott

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The cozze are awesome! Much better experience than Hirscher house next door... Good food, nice people!

Definetly coming back :)

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I was there on two occasions: one to have a drink and one to have dinner.
Both very enjoyable experiences, due to the friendly staff but also the yummy octopus they served me.
Not cheap, but the prices are ok for the large portions they serve

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I ordered calamari fried and the calamari was served with some grease inside. It was uneatable. Everyone from my table couldn't eat it. Allthoigh the service was impecable and the atmosphere was great!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

In summary. Food was OK. Just spent a week in Turkey before heading here and the seafood was fresh and well presented.

Issues we had were:

- Multiple waiters, poor description by waitress of a dish that meant we effectively ordered two additional dishes (and were charged for it). Swordfish was offered at 32 Lei and she gave my wife two to make it a reasonable portion.

- Everyone smokes in Romania but even though we sat outside, we were surrounded by smokers and that just does not go with good food these days.

- When a waitress asked us to come inside to look at the sweet cabinet, when we returned to our table our half finished drinks were gone and there were 2 people sitting in our places. We asked then to leave and it was a little embarrassing. The 3 waiters hovered and then laughed. I asked if they had removed the drinks and one said that they were empty - they were not.

So. I guess we had a bad experience. The food was fine but I travel the world and it was average. The cost was £50 so not too expensive. The service was poor. My wife is Romanian so she communicated fine with the waiting staff, they just were not in tune with what was going on.

Afraid we could not leave a tip - a first.

1  Thank John M