“Best tour I have ever had! Well worth it!”

Transylvania Discovery Tours
Ranked #5 of 33 Tours in Brasov
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private day tours and Package Trips in Romania.
Amberg
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best tour I have ever had! Well worth it!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My friend and I booked a day tour with Alex on November 10th and it was the best decision of our trip to Romania! Alex was great! We weren't just "more tourists" to him. He was very personable and a great driver on the winding Romanian roads. We traveled to 4 different sites and I'm glad we were with Alex because at some of the sites the hours had changed for the winter time and he was still able to contact someone so that we could visit the site. During the long stretches of driving he told us anything we asked about Romania, he didn't hesitate to tell alittle bit about himself either. I can't recommend him enough. I hope that I can return to Romania to visit other sites and I will certainly reserve a tour with Alex again. Thank you so much!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank coop1578

Manila
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great tour guide”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I booked a 3-castle tour with Bogdan last September. I'm really glad that I took a tour with him! For one, we had good conversations on Romanian culture, everyday life, politics, and even the changing state of the country during the long drives to the castles. He also told the legends of the various castles, and stories about Romania's previous rulers.

During the tours itself, he would often share little anecdotes and facts that the castle guide didn't mention. He was also good at turning dull moments around. I would definitely recommend booking him for your next trip to Romania.

Visited September 2013
Gold Coast Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A must to do tour company”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

From the day we decided to go to Romania
Alex from TDT offered his upmost assistance
Follow by email pricing confirmation all exceptional.
Collected us from Bucharest airport and transported us around to the spots we wanted to see.
Great guy thanks for everything enjoyed every minute
Modern van and knowledgable on the sites
A must to do with this company

Visited August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Highlight of our holiday”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We took two tours with this great company at the end of May: Land of Fagaras, because we fancied something a little off the beaten track, and a large group tour to Rasnov, Bran Castle and Brasov with lunch included. Both tours were immensely enjoyable, my favourite was Land of Fagaras which was really varied with stops in lovely rural places such as picturesque mills run by welcoming families, a monastery, stud farm and a fortress with a moat. The restaurants on both tours were superb, Bogdan certainly knows where the best places are and is friendly, laid-back and flexible, besides having great English. He really makes sure you get lots of value out of the tour. Both tours were very reasonably priced, and if I come back to the region I will definitely want to travel with this company again as they gave us great memories of Romania!

Visited May 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience Transylvania”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a little super good trave lagency from Sweden specialized on Transylvania. They will help you with the entire trip!

Visited July 2012