“impressive”

Ranked #24 of 56 Hotels in Brasov
Bucharest
“impressive”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've been there this w-end and i was quite impressed.. Large, new and clean rooms.. Excellent landscape.. I stayed in Hotel Bucegi.. The temperature of the swimming pool was actually low and we were told that they can not turn it higher but overall it is worth going for a w-end.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been there for 2-3 times and I can tell you that the landscape and the air are fantastic, very good if you are tired and all you want is to sleep for 2 days :).

Good things: decent hotel (I stayed in Hotel Bucegi), large rooms, decent cleanness; the road was finalized in June/July 2012 and now it is very easy to drive.

Bad things:

- terrible mattresses and pillows;

- noisy minibar (after a terrible first night when I couldn't sleep, I discovered the source of the noise and I unplugged the minibar);

- dogs barking all night;

- poor food (99% is meat);

- the music in restaurant is very loud, from morning until night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great location and view.
The staff didn't have maps for hiking in the area (while in the sister hotel down they provided one)
The apartments as appears in the internet are actually a suite and the bad for the children was awful. We had to move to 2 double rooms instad.
They didn't clean the room or bath during the stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank orenbm

Travelers are raving about these Brasov hotels

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed there for a weekend at the end of July 2012. First the positives:

- the hotel is new; I really appreciate the effort and investment made to basically create a new resort from scratch;
- the location is nice - there are very beautiful views all around the hotel and the place is fairly quiet;
- the rooms were clean and decently equipped;
- comfortable space for parking.

Now for the other stuff:

- this is a fully integrated resort a bit far from everything else, which sounds great, except that there is only one place to eat and no place to buy anything without driving back quite a few kilometers into Moieciu; basically you can drive back or drink water at minibar/restaurant prices;
- service was between mediocre (restaurant) and poor (reception/cleaning staff); politeness seems in very short supply;
- the (only) restaurant was offering what was supposed to be Romanian traditional food; I am Romanian and I love traditional Romanian food, but what they are serving has very little to do with it; the food was mediocre at best and when this is the only choice presented to you, it starts to become really annoying;
- the mattresses in the room were horribly uncomfortable; both myself and my wife had back pains for a week after a couple of nights there; I'm young and in good health, so this is definitely not about my back, but about the mattress;
- there is a lot of effort being put into developing this place and I truly appreciate it; however, I have not seen anything that might indicate trekking/mountaineering tracks; I might have missed it, though I looked pretty hard for this;
- while the rooms are relatively cheap, everything else is charged at pretty high prices - for example access to the pool for two adults and one child would cost more on a daily basis than the room.

In short: this is a new resort, with many things still under development and it is a decent place to go already. However, it is already showing signs of falling prey to the old Romanian tourism habits - a relatively stagnant place with indolent service, corner-cutting on quality of certain matters and hidden extra costs. It would be too bad if it developed in that direction so I am really hoping they can take this into the right direction in which case I will gladly go back repeatedly - the location is great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Alex B
Bucharest
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have been couple of times to Cheile Gradistei some years ago when Cheile Gradistei Fundata did not exist. That's why for me was a pleasant surprise to see what has been build from the scratch: a new road and a new resort with swimming pool and a big restaurant and pub. I have seen couple of sport courts probable for handball and tennis and it was under construction something that resembled with a triathlon track.
The room was clean and big enough so it was no problem for our baby folding bed to fit in. The furniture and carpet was new and in good condition. The bathroom is big and had quality things in there.
The restaurant I'd say it is average with typical Romanian food but well prepared.
The minus part:
- Very bad sound insulation between rooms;
- Very slow service in the restaurant for the dinner time - when no buffet available;
- did not accepted my visa card so I have to pay cash;
- Very few options for the children playground;
- Very few baby chairs in the restaurant and most of them were missing safety belts making them useless at least for my 1 year old children;
- No entertainment options for a family with children.

Room Tip: I'd choose rooms from the end of the hall to have one less neighbor room and more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Cheile Gradistei Fundata îs located on the whole top of the mountain and it has an amaizing view. The complex îs linked to the world by a 5 km long private stone road. The complex îs composed by many hotels and vilas with a big indoor pool, sauna wet and dry, spa center, tennis court, etc. The restarurant îs in other building so îs very quiet. They serve mostly romanian dishes, at resonable prices. The rooms are well equiped with quality items, like every 4 star+ hotel. I will return for sure to this hotel!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Romania
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We've just came back from Cheile Gradistei-Fundata, where we stayed in Hotel Sport.
It was a team building, with 53 people and every single person was enchanted by this location, people serving in the restaurant, and everything around. Receptionists very helpful and nice.
Although the hotel is only 2*, in its simplicity, it is oferring better services that we had in 4* in other countries. The view is amazing. Very clean everywhere. The food in the restaurant is fantastic. The waiters the same. Ionut, Gabi, and many others just to name some. Always friendly and with a smile, not mention about helping me to take some good decisions in better organizing the team building activities. You don't have to miss the traditional dinner, with the campfire.
I'm proud to see that Romania can offer such great services and recommend with all my heart this place.

For sure, I will be back with all my friends.

Room Tip: Everywhere you stay is perfect.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brasov
Hotel Hillden Lodge & Restaurant
#1 of 56 in Brasov
Popasul Reginei
Popasul Reginei
#7 of 7 in Bran

Been to Cheile Gradistei Fundata? Share your experiences!