Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $40.30
from $57.60
from $374.40
More Info
All reviews national park day hike guide charlie rasnov fortress mountain guide bear watching guest house flora and fauna went the extra mile great guide amazing scenery carpathian mountains great sense of humor romanian history castle tour small group great trip
Reviewed 3 days ago

Charlie, the driver and tour guide for this lake tour, is extremely professional and knows a lot about his country, he speaks a very good English and explained carefully the peculiarities of every place we visited – he even made sure I drank the water from different springs (it is very healthy for the human body, but tastes quite horrible!!!). In this particular region, water is a very important theme because of the high quantity of minerals; there are several thermal springs and resorts immersed in a wonderful natural setting.

I was picked up at my hotel, and was left there at the end of the day so I did not have to worry about anything. I was the only participant of the tour, so it was possible for me to request as many photo stops along the way. Only regret? We didn't meet any bear!!! :-)

I highly recommend Active Travel, they are serious and reliable and if I'm ever back in Romania I will definitely join another of their tours.

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Indeed, the day trip to Sfanta Ana Lake it is a truly experience, beyond ordinary! Thank you for your review, Simo!

Reviewed 3 days ago

We had a fantastic day exploring Bran Castle & Rasnov Fortress. Our guide was Tudor who was very knowledgeable and friendly... He was also a safe driver! We would highly recommend signing up for this tour!

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you Jennifer for your review!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had two fabulous day-long tours from Brasov, the Castle Tour and the Transfagarasan Highway. Very small groups, friendly and knowledgeable guides - we had a great time. Relax and let them do the driving; you won't be disappointed.

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We really thank you for choosing us and for your kind review!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had an amazing day with our tour guide Tudor. Very polite, friendly and knownlegeable. A good tour if you want a day trip seeing amazing castles and fortresses.

/Erik & Camilla

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Erik & Camilla we thank you for booking with us: a real experience!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I went on this tour last week and it ended up being just me and the guide, Charlie. I was travelling alone and most tours wouldn’t take just one person so I was glad this one did. Charlie was an excellent tour guide and was full of interesting facts and stopped for me to take photos all along the road. It was snowing quite heavily at the top and there was no visibility near the lake but it was still a great experience. Would definitely recommend!

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Rachel, we thank you for your review!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I wholeheartedly recommend Active Travel Brasov! My friend and i did both the Sighi/Viscri/Rupea & Peles/Bran/Rasnov tours a month ago and both days enhanced my experience of beautiful Transylvania so much! Dan N was the ultimate guide - a walking encyclopaedia of knowledge, so patient, with a great sense of humour & a gentleman! I left a little of my heart in Brasov & hope to return soon, for more excursions! JB

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks so much to all the gang in Active Travel (Marian, Charlie and Tibarius). We had fantastic trips to Bran Castle, to Sighisoara & Viscri and another afternoon of brilliant bear watching! The guides were super and great with the kids. We all loved it. Would highly recommend! We’ll be back

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We thank you for booking with us, Sarah! Indeed, there were 3 fantastic day trips!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We got a tour of Bran Castle and Rasnov Fortess from Tudor and it was definitely the highlight of our stay. The whole experience was very personal as it was just us on the tour. We were collected and dropped off at our accomadation and the tour itself took approx 5 hours. Tudor is an excellent guide, he is one of these people that just seems to get on with everyone and has so much knowledge of the castle and fortess as well as the history of Romania. Do not leave Braşov without doing this tour and try and get Tudor if you can!

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Tahnk you for your review, Brid! Indeed, Tudor is a great guide, as all my guides from my team!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Did the transfagarasan, poienari castle and lake tour. The tour was amazing!!! I enjoyed it so much, the views and lanscapes are amazing. Andras, my tour guide, is an amazing guide! very sweet person, who knows so much and has so much patience.
The next time i am in Romania will definetely book anither tour with the company and if possible with Andras.
The tour really exceeded my expectations.

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Isabel you are totally right! Thank you for booking with us!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great travel agency, my day with Andras was really amazing, they treat you like a king and you can ask for anything, also, you will learn a lot

Marian T, Owner at Active Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for booking with us and for your review, Carles!