“Good food, convenient location”
Review of Ceasu' Rau

Ceasu' Rau
Ranked #30 of 288 Restaurants in Brasov
Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Party of 6, we had breakfast (or rather brunch) here. The food was very good. The menu has a wide selection from the Romanian cuisine.

Our waiter didn't smile too much, and she did mix up one of the drinks, but overall the service was good.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

First of all the location is great, at half the distance between the historic center of Brasov and the train station. The decorations are rustic, a bit too rustic, but the outdoor setting is nice. The stuff was very friendly and prompt.
I went there twice while in Brasov, and culinary speaking I had a great experience and an average one. The food is mainly traditional Romanian food, so a bit greasy and heavy. The first time I had the grilled mutton pastrami with polenta which was delicious, never had a better one, the only problem is the restaurant doesn't provide knifes that can actually cut so I had a bit of a struggle and it worth it.
But the second time I unfortunately choose the grilled spare ribs with BBQ sauce and farmers potatoes. The potatoes were ok, but the ribs were greasy with almost no meat, only tallow, the fat actually was dropping from the meat, it was awful, and I felt sick the next day because of it. So I surely not recommend the ribs, I never has such a bad experience until now.

1  Thank Madalina_ta
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is an incredible restaurant. We luckily stumbled past it as we were staying around the corner. The farmers potatoes, the Greek feta salad and the countryside sausages were all mind blowing. I got so fat while in Romania, purely from eating here twice a day almost every day. I still have regret for the days/meals that i didn't eat here.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've eaten here at least three times and everithing I've ordered was delicious. The service was efficient and the price is quite good for such a great foot.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We found it nice but a bit cheesy. The food is nice but the tables are really close to one another and that makes it look crowded. Also the waiter was a bit not friendly and I noticed that he was angry with us changing our minds about the main course and that was when we ordered.