“bread...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ceasul Rau

Ceasul Rau
Ranked #41 of 250 Restaurants in Brasov
Cuisines: Barbecue, European, Eastern European, Central European, Romanian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brasov, Romania
“bread...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Bread is made on the site and it's own production of the restaurant, the food is 100% Romanian traditional dish.

Visited November 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Singapore
“Always Busy Place with Grill Grill Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I think this restaurant is run by a meat shop ? I found so many meat selection in menu. Just WOW !

When I arrived, the place was full. I know it is because it is tasty and very "reasonable". I tried another nice restaurant in Brasov, but Ceasul Rau is far reasonable for great quality.

Place looks very casual with smoking area and non smoking area. Said that everybody was smoking even in non smoking area LOL. well that is Romania I guess.
The number of waiter probably is not enough for the place for the busier time, you might have to wait for a while to get hold of a waiter for yourself, but all staff keep moving so quickly and attentively ! Just be patient ;-)

Perfect size of Beef Soup ( Not too huge for me ) - 9.5 lei
Pork Cutlets - 22.5 lei
A glass of wine - 4.4 lei

If the menu has photos as well, that would be more helpful for us to choose, I didn't know what I would have but it was cutlets after all

Credit Card is accepted and there is English Menu ( this is important !)

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank mamacita1001
Bucharest, Romania
“Overall really tasty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. So we were pretty curious. We got there and it was full which made us understand the place was appreciated. I ordered a chicken soup which was delicious, almost like the one by my mother makes (which is just perfect). My boyfriend ordered ciorbă de văcuță (a Romanian soup made with beef). Also delicious! The second course was, unfortunately, cold when it arrived at our table. I decided to go for cotlet (pork meat) with mushrooms. It was tasty, but really cold, that's because they prepare your food outside, on a grill... Since it was a rather cold evening my food had enough time to cool down and the meat was therefore difficult to chew. And my boyfriend went for pastramă with mămăliguță, a rather salty dish for my taste. But his was warm :) Then we ordered a dessert: papanași: tasty, but again: cold. (I just prefer them warm...).

Overall I'm not sure if I'd visit this place again. Maybe in the summertime when my food won't have enough time to cool down.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
beirut
“look at that grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

we arrived in Brasov at around 9pm in pouring rain and our hostel's attending recommended Ceasul Rau. food was good, service was excellent - we had a lovely waitress who spoke english almost fluently. i wouldn't order the country fries if i were you - i was expecting crunchy and only slightly soggy potatoes but there was nothing crunchy about them! all soggy. the sausages and soups were delightful. I'm salivating. enjoy. and i loved the seating area - i love seeing where my meat is being grilled, very very Arab of me :)

• Visited September 2012
Bucharest, Romania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

In one word : excellent. The food is a pure Romanian delight, fresh and tasty, we had a complete lunch, with three courses, all perfect.

• Visited August 2012