Gabriel Hostel
Hotel Apollonia(Brasov)(Great Value!)
$38
$37
$88
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in double room (120 lei). The room was actually really nice, bathroom was what you could expect of that price, the staff was friendly (at least the woman in the staff). No air con, but it never became hot through it was 30 c outside. It is 15 walk to center. Cheap.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Dirfan
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hostel was excellent! We met Gabriel at the train station and the brought us into his hostel. We got a perfect apartment that had heating and hot water, along with coffee, tea and sugar. It was a short walk away from the attractions in Brasov, including the town square. The staff were extremely friendly and organized great trips (with drivers) to Sighisoara and Rasnov (where all the castles and ruins are). Wifi was very strong in the reception area, though not so much in the apartment itself. The only issue was the appearance of some ants on one particular night. Overall, one of the very best hostels I've ever been to, especially for its price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chlodovech
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Ok, so I did not actually stay at the hostel, but, my friend and I did get a tour of Brasov by Gabriel. When we stepped off the train, he was waiting, advertising his hostel, and asked if we wanted to see Dracula's Castle. We were planning on doing that anyway, but going with him made the experience so much better. For a great value, he drove us directly to the castle, telling us all sorts of Romanian history along the way. When we got to the area of the castle, he knew everyone, and saved us a lot of time and got us right in without having to wait in a line. After seeing the castle, he dropped us back in the historical city center, suggesting sites for us to see and places for us to eat. All in all, he truly sweetened our day trip to Brasov. Meet the man who feeds wild bears!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ianna A
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The hostel was OK. I don't know what I missed, as I can see that it has a very high rating, but our room was rather cold, and we didn't always have hot water in bathrooms. For me it is also a minus because they don't have any common room or kitchen and the fact that we had to take our shoes off in the hallway. The staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was recently traveling through Transylvania and stopped off in Brasov.
Villa Gabriel has a great location (close to town, but not in town so parking and noise weren't a problem) about a 10 minute walk from the town square.

What drew my attention to the hostel was the freshly painted facade. From the inside, it was even better! Clean and updated rooms, large showers, endless hot water, computer available, two electrical outlets for each bunk. Good service and value!

I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo