All reviews restaurant upstairs old town deluxe room nice pool very nice hotel rooms are big star hotel city minibar taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed November 16, 2018

we had a perfect stay in this hotel. Everyone was kind and the view is absolutely amazing.We had to use buses and taxis to get to the old town but we choosed it anyway because of the view and we didn t regret our decision. Brasov looks amazing in the autumn time!Thank you for a great holiday!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 1KUMAR0
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

At first i was a bit scared to book based on other reviews. But did it anyway. Straight away a got a mail back saying that the spa and pool in the main hotel is under renovation, fair play to them. Got to the hotel without having to prepay to secure the booking and we got upgraded to a deluxe room with a minibar and view. Staff was kind and helpful. Breakfast was good with a fair amount of choices. We did not had a dinner in there because she could not find something suitable but got a chance to view the menu and is pretty fancy. We enjoyed it. Quite, away from town noise and madness. Just what we needed. Surely would return.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Hotel emailed us shortly after the deadline for cancellation had expired, to inform us that there would be a wedding taking place on our last night. Understandable, but unacceptable to inform us of this 3 days before our stay, when clearly they have known for long. Simply bad manners.

We were located in room 25 and 26, 2nd floor and right below the restaurant. Extremely noisy, not only during the wedding, but also during regular service of people choosing to small talk in the hall when passing to and from the resto, only separated by one glass door from the rooms. In particular because there's only one elevator to and from the restaurant, and many choose to take the stairs.

Hotel is of good standard, although a bit worn. Bathrooms are horrible (!) and nowhere near the standard of a 4 star hotel. Be aware that the indoor pool is in a fully separate building across the street.

Staff was helpful and maid service excellent.

Overall not a 4 star stay, nor a 4 star hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Great location, spacious rooms, very good gym, and a nice pool. We celebrated a wedding at the Belvedere Events location which was absolutely great.
I booked the hotel via expedia which charged me at the date of booking. At checkout I was asked to pay again.
After paying (again) I checked online my account and went back to the desk to reclaim my second payment. The employee claimed that they never got any money from expedia and as they would always receive only the reservation. I was able to prove everything, I had the account statement as well as the mail from expedia with the payment instructions. After I called expedia and 45 mins the employee found some to confirm the initial payment. Something like that never happened to me.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2018

We spent 4 nights at the Belvedere. Our room was very spacious and so was the bathroom. There's a balcony, lot of power outlets, good lighting and air conditioning.
Staff were very helpful with all sorts of things, and service in general was good. The view is nice too.

This sums up the good things, as the rest of it wasn't that great.
Starting with the location - driving distance from the city center with all the parking issues there. This was a known issue in advance and a decision taken against my advice, but nonetheless an inconvenience, in our case at least.

The room also had its issues - wifi never worked despite attempts made by the staff, and we used our local sim as hotspot instead. There were no coffee making facilities, so we had to go up to the restaurant for that. The mattress was just ok and there were a few other small things that added up. And in another room our party stayed at, storage space was limited, especially in the bathroom.

We had dinner at the restaurant upstairs once and can highly recommend it, but we did not try breakfast so cannot comment on that.

All in all, it was an average plus experience, and not one I'll go out of my way to recommend.

Date of stay: July 2018