All reviews communal kitchen bran castle coffee machine place to stay stayed nights clean rooms hot water old town anu daniel supermarket sauna hosts yard city taxis
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at La Despani for 2 nights and we were impressed by the nice room, very clean with a big and nice bathroom.The owners are very nice and treatead us like their friends.We will come back with pleasure here!!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bogdan B
Reviewed October 6, 2016

Nestled in a quiet neighborhood La Despani offers a 30-minute walk to the city center and a retreat-like setting. The guesthouse is neat and clean and the rooms have private baths. The towels are changed regularly without request. It has shared kitchen (with tea and coffee) and den facilities. There is a small pool onsite, and a pharmacy and 24-hr market within a 5-10 min walk. Daniel and his family are very welcoming and provide a map and overview of the city. Anu will also provide laundry service for a fee which was very helpful.

We spent 5 nights here and would stay again. Conversation with fellow travelers as well as the hosts was great. Daniel understands the hospitality business and the soul of a traveler. He and his family were very helpful and accommodating. The price was great.

Room tip: rooms in the guesthouse appear to be larger than the garden room
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in la despani guesthouse and it was an absolute delight and surprise! 25 minute walk from the centre, map and itinerary talk from the owners when we arrived, the place was very clean, staying in a separate house with own en suite and shared kitchen facilities. It was just great, there were nuts and grapes from the garden available. They will also do your laundry for a fee which was very convenient.

The couple that run the guesthouse are incredibly welcoming and this place was a real gem of a find, it was also the most reasonably priced place we have stayed in Romania, it was £20 a night roughly.

There is a 24hr supermarket nearby. The shower in the room was hot, large and very clean. There was also a small pool and table tennis on site but we didn't give ourselves time to try these.

It was just great, can't recommend highly enough, if we find ourselves in brasov again we will stay here! Thanks again.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy W
Reviewed September 30, 2016

The guesthouse is beatiful and clean, and the price is just crazy. My experience: I got an stroke the next morning we arrive to the place. The Despan family gave me and the friend I was traveling with a fantastic logistic support during the 2 weeks I had to stay in the hospital. Then, when my mother arrived to Brasov stayed also in the Guesthouse. She felt overwhelmed, but staying at "La Despani" helped her to feel confortable and supported all the time thanks to Anu and Daniel.

We are really thankfull!! If I had another stroke while traveling, I would chose it happen in this Guesthouse :P (just kidding, I don't want another stroke).

Kisses!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

La Despani is the best place to stay in Brasov. Doesn t matter if you are a coupe or with your familly.It has the feeling of your own home!! The hosts are really friendly and helpfull. It s just great to be there! I can t wait to go back!

Date of stay: September 2016