“One of the best”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ischia Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Description: Fresh organic ingredients, tasty soups and home-made pasta? The chef's personal attention in an award-winning restaurant? Not an empty claim to fame. Quite simply a full plate of the most delicious food you are likely to come across in Transylvania. Bringing you a subtle taste of the Mediterranean in the company of the resident chef and owner, Papa Dorin. Second helpings are guaranteed and the quirky yet heavenly 'chocolate eggplant' desert is a must!
NA
“One of the best”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I have recently visited Brasov with a group of friends and had a few hours to spare. We were also hungry as hell and I am glad we found this little gem right in the city centre. It's an Italian restaurant with a friendly owner/chef/waiter. He doesn't speak English, but you should attempt to tell him what food types you like and he will come up with a dish or mix of dishes you might like. The food is tasty, the house desert is very interesting and the best I had in years.

1 Thank ihopethisisnottaken

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant across the road from the Black church”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We ate here while we stayed at the Ischia Tour motel owned by the same owner. You have to walk through the courtyard to the very end past the Bella Musica on your right. The inside of the restaurant (just like the motel) is very tastefully decorated and has a very romantic feel to it. The food is delicious. It is all prepared freshly in the kitchen and they don't use any artificial ingredients or preservatives. I'm very picky about my food but this place came out tops. They cater for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Plenty of choice to satisfy even the most discerning palate, and they also have a very good selection of wines. The owner won many culinary competitions and you'll see the trophies adorning the bar inside.

Tips: try the home-made pasta dishes, antipasti (mixture of Romanian and Italian antipasti) and the aubergine and dark chocolate cake - weird but OH MY GOD! Divine.

NOTE: Re the 'terrible' review, I think Herzlia got the wrong restaurant. We ate at the Ischia 4 times and were very satisfied. Of course we had to wait for our food but not longer than in any other restaurant. The quality of the food was super delicious and the chef / owner Dorin very friendly. He readily explained the preparation of some of the dishes and we felt more like in the home of a friend than in a formal restaurant setting. Of course if you want fast-food McD / KFC-style then don't go there.

Israel
“not good”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

only 3 tables filled and the restaurant couldn't handle it. The food was served late, some portions never showed up, most were untasty and some not even edible.

London
“Hidden gem in the centre of Brasov - the best food I've eaten in a long time.”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Stumbled upon this adorable restaurant when in Brasov recently for the first time with a group of girl friends. I'm a big fan of Italian food but also somebody who loves to sample the local specialities of the region - so this place was perfect as it's a wonderful mix of quality and perfectly cooked Italian (possibly the best food on earth) and Romanian food. I'm also vegetarian and watch what I eat and the owner and chef made me my very own low-fat dish from scratch after asking me what types of flavours I like. This, for me, was fine service at its best. In my limited Italian I later discovered - and wasn’t at all surprised - that he recently came first in a prestigious international cooking contest - check out his trophy on his bar! We were made to feel so welcome, the service was first class, the food - heavenly and you have to check out the tables in the outside area as they contain all different types of pasta under glass in a really tasteful and artistic arrangement. We (and our purses) loved it so much that we went back there two more times during our short stay there. If you go, try the home made 'meloncello' (a liquor made from melons) and aubergine & dark chocolate cake - I simply couldn't believe it contained aubergine - yummy and something I would never have thought worked, but did. Huge selection of wines, all so affordable. Recommended if you want to sit outside with a group of friends or your family or inside for an intimate cosy meal.

Bristol
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Delicious food in a cosy and welcoming environment.

Good variety for the picky-eater and both courses tried were without fault.

A highly recommended stop when in the area.