“Overall good”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
Timisoara
“Overall good”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Most things about this hotel are really good, from the large lobby area to the nice breakfast and good service.
However the tiny room I got left me with the impression of a 2* hotel or worse - aren't there some rules about room area which need to be followed?? Due to the small size the bathroom door was opening directly in the mirror so you had to choose between using the mirror or keeping the door open. It was a 10th floor room or so, I guess you should avoid them.
What also bugs me is that when I travel with a German colleague they always get the better rooms - sorry, had to say it, maybe first in should get the better rooms, right?
Conclusion: very small rooms can take away any good impression one might have! Maybe Ramada should keep high standards in all areas, at least that's what I would expect from such a successful hotel chain.

Room Tip: Check the size of the upper floor rooms before accepting.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jesse_TM_RO
Rudolf H, Front Office Manager at Ramada Sibiu, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write us your review.
Your opinion is very important to us and would like to use this opportunity to tell you that
we treat all our guests with the same kindness and respect.

In the name of our entire team would like to welcome you to Ramada Sibiu for the future.

Rudolf Hribal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Park City, Utah
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Rooms have all international standard fittings, conveniently organized. Often in Romania and Bulgaria, hotels can be more elaborate and expensive but less well arranged. Clean and welcoming. Very convenient to Old Town walking street restaurants and shopping.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

In the name of the entire team would like to thank you for taking time to write us your review and to welcome you to Ramada Sibiu, for the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel in the beautiful Sibiu is one of the best places to stay! the hotel is very modern and new ,the rooms are gorgeous and the restaurant in the hotel is also very good!the breakfast is very rich containing everything from cheese,butter,eggs,omelets,salmon,ham,gem,pastry,cereal,all kinds of bread,to coffee, fruit juices,tea and sweets. Everything Ramada offers is at a high standard!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

In the name of the entire team, would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with Ramada Sibiu, and to take this opportunity to welcome you to Sibiu for your next holiday.

Paris, France
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Good city hotel, food was fine and the room was better than average. parking was easy and free which was great. staff probably need a little more training and while willing still took too long to process check out for example. they had shut the bar so to have a drink at the end of the day you needed to sit in the foyer which was not really acceptable

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write us your opinions about your recent stay with us.
Your opinion is very important to us and would like to take this opportunity to welcome you
again with Ramada Sibiu in the future and to assure you that our entire team is working
to make you feel great each stay.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I choose Ramada Sibiu for a city break in two, last weekend - 15-17 February. We have never stayed at this hotel in Sibiu, and that was the main deciding factor in between 4 star hotels. Although we have opt for the "executive" room, TV set and remote needed to be replaced (not working), and further TV cables adjustments were needed. Finally we got a sub-decent TV view of some standard TV channels. Wi-Fi was non-existent in the room. :). So far so good, TV and Internet weren't the most important. Now comes the most interesting part. Heating was off (worse, the bathroom heather was closed at the valve) and we have had to ask at reception for starting it up. First day I thought that was a mistake, to check-in guests at 18:00 PM and forget to start the heating until 21:00, but the scenario repeated next day. Close to 07:00 AM, no heating as well :(, both days. I assume an economy budget was targeted off-season. However, if you stop en-route to the ice hotel at Balea Lac, that would be an advantage as a "starter" :). It's a pity such a great location hotel and friendly personnel to be affected by improper management. If they want to reduce heating costs why they don't close the entire floor(s) appropriately or post the heating schedule at reception desk. BTW, reception desk was heated using an electric industrial heater ... no comment.

I have to mention that after calling the MOD Manager to complain first evening, we have received a complimentary fruit basket, and at check-out I was offered free parking inside the garage, both nice gestures that changed a little bit the unpleasant feeling of the "old regime" hotels. Nonetheless, I would appreciated more not to have to complain about heating and do my daily email chores in the restaurant during breakfast.

Nice view from 12 floor over Sibiu, during summer I suppose cooling will be on. Next time in Sibiu I will choose a different hotel. Ramada should re-analyse their franchise option for a four star rated.

Room Tip: check heating (especially during winter) and wi-fi before accepting the room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rudolf H, Front Office Manager at Ramada Sibiu, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Razvan,

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for chousing our hotel for your city break in Sibiu, and also for taking time to write us about your experience. It is very important to us to find about our guest's experiences and would like to assure you that each member of our team is trying to make every guest to feel like "home " away from home.
I was the manager on duty and we did had a problem with the heating system, and I know that you have been asked to move to a different room and you decided to stay in that room.
I also assure you that we do not have a economy budget during winter, it was just a small issue with our heating system.

In the name of the entire team would like to invite you once again to be our guest and I am sure that will prove to you, that we do have the best service you can get in Sibiu.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip, was put in a smoking room. While the room is spacious and modern the carpet in my room (113) looked like it had been part of the desert storm campaign

Rates as reasonable and the hotel is within reach of the historical city centre

Room Tip: avoid the smoking rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Sibiu for the New Year’s Eve; stayed at the Ramada for four nights.

Pros:
- Location. Just 5 minutes away from the city (pedestrian) center. Easy to get around town both on foot and by car. Higher floors have a nice view of the city. Some rooms have full glass walls, for an extra touch.
- Food. Breakfast is of course included; an a la carte restaurant is also available. Breakfast is nice, with fresh food, an ample assortment, replenished promptly when needed. Only ate a couple of times at the restaurant, but the food was great.
- Service. Everyone is smiling and willing to help, from bell boys to maitre d’s. When we got there we were missing a pair of slippers, a bathrobe, shower gels. When I mentioned this to the receptionist it was promptly remedied; room servicing was impeccable for the rest of our stay.
- Rooms. Proper 4 star rooms. Except for the thin walls.

Cons:
- Again with the glass bathroom doors. Really? What kind of sick people am I living among?
- Thin walls. Granted, this is a little quirk of mine, but the Ramada has paper-thin walls. The night before the New Year’s Eve party, the corridor was humming with the sound of all the women drying their hair. At least I think I was hearing hair dryers; there’s no way all those women were feeling lonely at the same time.
As a second note, we got one of two adjoining rooms. As the door between them was locked, we didn’t mind and let it be. Changed our minds when the neighbors arrived and turned on the TV. Of course, the reception said it was too late for us to change rooms, with nearly all the guests having already checked-in. At least the neighbors haven’t been horny during our stay.
- Elevators. You need to use the room card for the elevator to start. Once you use it, the elevator takes you to your floor. Which I wouldn’t mind if I didn’t have friends staying at other floors. Stairs are of course locked, to be used in emergencies only. So let me push those buttons myself dammit!
- Smoking. This has been an issue from two points of view. Firstly, they still have rooms for smokers. Didn’t even know that, until I checked into my room. With a girlfriend who doesn’t smoke, I would have asked for a non-smoking room. Mind you, there was no smell or any other sign that people ever smoked in that room; it’s just that I expect to be asked about this sort of thing when I make my reservation in a 4 star hotel.
Secondly, as I wouldn’t smoke in my room, I discovered that the only other option was the smoking booth waaaay down on the first floor. Made me smoke less though :)
- Parking fills up real quick in busy seasons.

Conclusion:
While some of the Cons might be remedied, I would be very tempted to try other hotels whenever I return to Sibiu.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floors, to take advantage of the view. If travelling in a group, ask for al...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple