“Worm soup”
Review of Pensiunea Mai

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sibiu
Pensiunea Mai
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
Timisoara, Romania
“Worm soup”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

And I didn't spell the word "worm" wrongfully. I went there with my husband and 2 other friends and tried to eat something at their restaurant. And we ordered some bean soup. And what did we see? In my friend's soup, beside the pork meat...there it was one big, white worm!! The landlady was there...but she just turned her back at us. And this is the "great" 5 stars Mai pension.

Horrible!! They didn't even apologized for the event!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank GeorgianaR

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
baghdad
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Pension Mai is the best place for a weekend or holiday. It is within walking distance of the city of Sibiu, but at the same time away from everyday life and bustle of a city. It is an oasis of peace and as someone said, the right place for "pine therapy". Traditional romanian food is at home, and the rooms are welcoming and equipped with everything .I was not once in that place instead thank all ages: summer swimming pool in the courtyard is the perfect place to relax, club inside the pension Mai be an ideal place for entertainment for young people accommodated in the hostel. I felt very good and I will feel again that you spend some days at the guesthouse in May, how many times you get the chance. Thank employees, thanks pension in May.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Timisoara
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Verry nice location,at the bottom of the mountains,with outdoor swiming pool and high capacity terase where you ca enjoy the fresh food,home made.If you want to spend a quiet
weekand,enjoing the nature,you can do that 16 km away from Sibiu (international airport),in this pension.I had a great time there and im sure you can have that to.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Romania
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I have recently stayed at Pensiunea Mai near Sibiu and I have truly been disappointed.
Their personal website introduce you to a cozy, beautiful, modern resort but the reality is different. We have rented 6 rooms as we were a bigger group and the facts presented bellow are valid for most of them.
All the furniture inside the rooms is obsolete and not "working " properly (e.g. my wardrobe door would only stay closed if locked TWICE with the key :( ). The bathrooms were in a very bad shape also - with shower cabin doors falling down or blocking as you were trying to get out. The carpet was really dirty and the towels received were low quality. All these came with the price of a 5 star establishment ot this kind (80 euro /night).
There is a very nice pool (with heated water and really clean) but as a guest you are only entitled to get near it at no cost - everything else must be paid on top (chair,..etc).

The food is actually good: fresh fish (they have a special pond from where you can fish you lunch/dinner), veal specialty - but it comes at a very high price. Plus they close really early and in case you want to stay later you are asked to move from one place to another without being allowed to order any extra food, drinks etc. On top of this you can have a very nice dinner in the city center, in the pedestrian area, for half of the money.

And..if all this is not enough the location is not as great as it seems. Pensiunea Mai is situated next to the main road and it is really noise. Many of the rooms are oriented towrds the street and the parking lot - so if you intend to sleep later you have to pay an extra 10 Euros to get a room with a view towards the swimming pool.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank RalucaB

Travelers are raving about these Sibiu hotels

cluj napoca
Reviewed July 17, 2007

I was in this location with my wife during last summer, and the location is relatively ok (I mean the room), but the staff is horible. Also the food. They have the poorest personal I ever seen. For example, we need to go from the pool to the restaurant because they do not want to give us something to drink. The guy who was supposed to serve us stied near the pool and smoke, treating all the guest with indiference. On the evening, me and my wife wanted to play some cards, but they come to us and said that we can not do this there, because they have selected guests:))))) Actualy, we were in the midle of the mountains, and almost noone were there. Please, do not go there!

5 Thank ovimede
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sibiu
Pensiunea Ela
Hotel Ibis
Hotel Ibis
#6 of 31 in Sibiu
Hohe Rinne Paltinis Hotel & Spa

Been to Pensiunea Mai? Share your experiences!