“A magic place”

103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A magic place”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

It is a magic place. Come here and you will forget for 2-3 hours about stress, cars, polution, politics. It is a very quiet place. Yo feel like you returned in time. There are very old houses that look outstanding. You can have lunch in a restaurant 200 year old. There is an experience worth living You won't be dissapointed. You can visit it even if you are 8 or 80 years old. You can spend time with strollers and kids taking naps, with bicycles, it is romanting and relaxing.

Visited August 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very cool ”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We went to Astra not really knowing what to expect. We were very glad we went! It is similar to the historical village that I work at in Western Canada, so I found it very interesting! It was much larger than we expected it to be, and there was so much to see. The little churches are definitely worth taking a look at! There is a large The variety of exhibits, which was great! only downside was that there weren't a lot of staff around to answer any questions, and the snacks were pricey.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My first time to Romania and I so enjoyed this museum. It was very interesting to learn how people lived so long ago. There was so much to see. It was a very unique experience and a beautiful area still undergoing renovations. Well done!

Visited June 2014
Brasov, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“take a day to see this very nice open air museum”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

One day at Astra Museum Complex is like a journey back into the past. Take time to visit it and don't rush. After few hours spent here you will feel zen.

Visited July 2014
Turku, Finland
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Back in time”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I went to this museum for the first time in april but since I didn't see all of it I quickly decided to return some other time. I returned in May and the place was as charming and tranquil as ever. The small houses, windmills and the lake helped create a relaxing and beautiful environment, perfect for a stroll or picnic.
The houses had also been divided into different sections, one cluster of houses being fishermens' houses, another shepherds' houses and so on.
What I loved the most about the Astra open air museum was the sheer size of it. At the village museum in Bucharest they had squeezed so many houses into the area that it felt crammed. That was not the case with Astra. Sometimes you'd have to walk for quite a bit before you got to the next group of houses. That is something I appreciated.
I had some slight problems with the buses since they didn't take me all the way to the museum, instead I had to walk a bit to reach it.
All in all though this is a wonderful place and I definitely recommend it

Visited May 2014