TripAdvisor

Review of Balea Lac

Balea Lac
Ranked #165 of 261 Restaurants in Sibiu
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No matter the time of the year... at Balea Lac is cold, being located after all on the tallest mountains in Romania. Therefore, after the long road up, there is nothing more satisfying than a hot tea and a bowl of hot, rich trout soup. I know that a great many people from other cultures might frown at the idea, however, this dish is absolutely delicious, made with clean ingredients and providing a special culinary experience when well done such at the Balea Lac cabin.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (80)

Reviewed September 21, 2019

We had huge expectations being the only restaurant there. The table cloth was dirty and the waiters were mean.They don't care about customers at all. The food was not tasty, considering that the Romanian food is very delicious. Avoid this place as much possible..to expensive, poor service. We asked for the bill 5 times, worst restaurant experience ever! Only the view is great there. I will rate this place with - 1000 stars.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Change the waiters, they dont have manners.when i asked how long i have to wait the answer was:"i can cancel your order if you are not agree with this".

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

Not a big variety of cuisines to choose from and the prices are a little bit high (as expected) but the food was great I can't complain
The only downside for me is the toilet tax that they have

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

I came back after the first experience and I did not make a mistake.
Serving was impeccable, and delicious food.
Although the waitress told us that it took 15 minutes, we were surprised to find that they were much faster and I received the food almost immediately, the portions being generous and very tasty.
Papanas with cranberry and sour cream were our favorites.

Date of visit: July 2019