“Good hotel, great location, friendly staff, pets allowed”
Review of Hotel Ibis

Hotel Ibis
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The location is perfect, on the main rosd, close to the center.
Friendly staff, the booking.com reservation worked out fine.
They allow pets, which is a great plus since we came to Sibiu for the dog show.
Clean rooms, fairly largd for business trips.
Breakfast is ok with a fair choice of food.

• Stayed: May 2013
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear NViorel !

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Ibis Sibiu.
I am glad that the facilities and services we provide were enjoyable and location was perfect for the purpose of your visit.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Good things - price/quality (we had a room for 3 days at 93€), location - very close to city center, excelent wifi, great view (if you're lucky).

Bad things - breakfast is very expensive, the free parking is very small for a 14 floors hotel and reservation is not possible.

• Stayed: May 2013
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Guest !

Thank you for writing a comment about your last stay at Hotel Ibis Sibiu.
I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and the local area, I am happy that it was convenient for the purpose of your visit.
We take all of our comments seriously and try to improve our services!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was check in for 3 days at Ibis and it's a second date stayed in this hotel. This location is easy to be found, good parking place, centred-located, 3 minutes away by foot from city hall and promenada center where are a lor of mini market places or restaurants. Breakfast was delicious with open bufet, so I recommend it.

Room Tip: ask for a room above 4 -floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ionut A
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Ionut A !

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
I will certainly share your comments with my entire team!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is ideally located for a short walk into the old town and attractions. The free parking is also a god send. The service from the restaurant and cafe staff was excellent, although occasionally this did take a long time to materialise, but this was due to the fact that they were covering both areas at once. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest !

Thank you for taking the time to write your remarks on tripadvisor. I'm am really glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We strive daily to ensure that the stay of all our guests is special and your review is a source of great satisfaction and motivation.
I will certainly share your comments with my entire team!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed recently at Ibis and I think it's the 3rd or the 4th time I stay here. I stayed just one night, but I can only say good things about this hotel. The location si really good but if you want to go to see things in Sibiu or eat somewhere, just ask at the reception and then call a taxi.

I stayed at the 6th and 8th floors and I love the view from those floors. The bed is very confortable, the bathroom si nice and clean and the shower has good preasure. When I checked in, the room was kinda' cold, but I turned the AC at maximum heating and in a few minutes the room got warm.

You can also try to eat at the ground floor restaurant. The food there is really good and it's never crowded. If the restaurant is closed ask at the reception for the restaurants that are near there. You'll find a rustic and a fancy restaurant just over the street.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Oliver S !

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in the review on tripadvisor. Thank you as well for your positive comments following your stay at Ibis Sibiu.
I'm am really glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, especially our beds and our menu at the restaurant!
Thank you again and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon at Ibis Sibiu.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well , i just stayed for one nigt at Ibis . There is not much to say , the room was standard IBIS quality . Very cleam , bathroom very clean , and the bed was really comfortable . I would recommend this hotel for 2-3 nights on a business trip . Also the budget was very good

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Ionut C !

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out your review on trip advisor and for your positive comments after your stay at Ibis Sibiu.
We are pleased to see that you remain with a good impression following your stay in our hotel. Nevertheless, we are sorry that we could not receive a rate of 5/5. I really hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again soon at Ibis Sibiu.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was guest in this hotel for one night. Very small room, hair on the pillow, and blanket. Also on the door of the bathroom, not my hair of course.....First reaction was to leave.

There is a sort of advertisement stating that in 15 min they fix your request. Mine was simple, to prepare the room for two persons, meaning to bring a second set of towels. I had to wait about 40 min.

Breakfast... 9EUR.. extremely poor... For a 2 stars hotel can be acceptable, but not for 9 EUR!!!!!!.

i was in this hotel three times: first time, last time and no other time...

Room Tip: probably another hotel.....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Gheorghiu A, General Manager at Hotel Ibis, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Cristian C !

We very much apreciate you taking the time to share your experience in our hotel.
I am sorry that we did not come up to your expectations and that you had to wait such long time for your requests.
It is very important to know what should be improved in our hotel, so we appreciate your words about the room and the breakfast. These issues are now in our attention and we can assure you about our commitment to solve them.