All reviews the main square old town retractable roof oldest hotel pedestrian street fresh paint indoor heated pool window panes tiny bathroom big piazza central hotel there is no air conditioning bedroom area historical place brukenthal museum sleep quality perfect location
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2016

Situated in the heart of the old city, it is an emblematic hotel for Sibiu. Front desk staff is very kind and ready to help you in any moment. The rooms are clean and bigger than the rest of the hotels in Sibiu. Breakfast is good and the restaurant also.
I rated the hotel with maximum value, taking account that we discuss about a 3 stars hotel.

Room tip: Rooms at first floor are better.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2016

We were traveling with a tour and others in our group had lovely, large rooms but our's was very small with a fan instead of air conditioning. If, by the luck of the draw, we had gotten one of the larger rooms I am sure my rating would have been higher.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2016

If you want to go to sleep, this is hot the hotel for you. Tonight they have a baby shower and it is expected tro go on to midnight.l The music from the shower is LOUD (did I say LOUD, it is much louder than that--as if I am in the middle of a rave). When I complained, they just shook their heads. I have to be up for a very early flight tomorrow and the music will not stop until at least midnight. They gave me another room to sleep in but it was not much better. We'll see how the third room they have now given me, but when I asked for a room away from the music it was impossible.

Bathtub had no curtain, I was lucky in that my internet generally worked but it seems as if I am alone among the people staying here for a conference (who have to come to the reception area to get connected).

Rating of breakfast: 1 out of 5 stars. Variety not grea Coffee from machines generally cold. They didn't make up my room today until I got back and called.

Gotta go. Can't think too clearly since the music is too loud.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2016

Chose this hotel due to the excellent location just of the main square. Very historic hotel that needs a little TLC as it in in danger of becoming dated. Room overlooking main street was great to get the Sibiu vibe. Good breakfast. Receptionist very friendlly

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Adrian90
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

A grand fin-de-siecle type hotel with large rooms including hall-way, small room for unpacking and wardrobe plus bathroom, alas with bathtube but only hand-held shower. Peaceful surroundings and friendly staff. Very central location. A good hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple