“Nice athmosphere”

Weinkeller
Ranked #21 of 193 Restaurants in Sibiu
Cuisines: German, Romanian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Probably the most beautiful small terrace in Sibiu. Definitively the most interesting cellar restaurant!
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was here a couple of times with friends. The place looks very nice and interesting. They offer a quite large variety of wines and they also have meat fondue - you have to order this one day before (I guess they need fresh meat for this and this is the reason). My feeling is that everything is perfect here only if the owner is also here, if not - then I can't say much about the staff. We booked for fondue (not mentioning while booking if smokers or non-smokers) and upon arrival the waitress said that specifically mentioned that the reservation would be for non smokers - not true. When asking if we could move to smokers, she seemed bothered about this, telling us that the smoker's part is fully booked. We stayed here until they closed the place down - nobody came for the ''smokers reservation'' and we were the only one in the whole place.
Food is ok.
I'm not saying that I wouldn't recommend this place, but it needs improvement.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

GreAt location , great service , the food was ok i can say not excelent but the place was so great that it really is a must go.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The atmosphere is extremely romantic, the personnel was very friendly, the food and wine extremely good. I recommend the restaurant!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been there last summer with a group of friends who I remember were very hungry and we were impressed by the hospitality, the good food and the very good choice of wines, both red and white the waiter recommended us. The tuica was also amazing since it was a homemade spirit and it accompanied the cheese plateau we had for an entry very well

I recommend this place when hungry but perhaps it's better to make a reservation in advance. The location pays off for sure as it's situated minutes from Sibiu's historical center and once inside you can experience some really good food in a genuine Transylvanian cellar.

Very good service, quite cheap for a very nice looking restaurant, perfect food hungry travelers,Weinkeller has them all.

Enjoy!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Every time I was in Sibiu I ate here since in my opinion is the most romantic place, the food is delicious and the wines very good. I always come here to eat beef with horseradish sauce and jam. We had for starters goulash soup and some bruschetta with tomatoes and salmon which were excellent. For main course we had the beef that I mentioned before and some chicken roll with white sauce. We had as an appetizer an white wine Nachbil - Riesling after that a rose one from Stirbey Domain. For the main course and after that a red Pinot Noir from Nachbil which was astonishing. I highly recommend that wine. Overall was a very nice experience and I can't wait to go to Sibiu for this restaurant once again :) I definitely recommend everyone to eat or to drink a good wine here. Especially for couples.

1  Thank Cheroo1