“Weinkeller - a friendly place for an empty stomach”
Review of Weinkeller

Weinkeller
Ranked #20 of 178 Restaurants in Sibiu
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, Eastern European, Romanian, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Probably the most beautiful small terrace in Sibiu. Definitively the most interesting cellar restaurant!
Bucharest, Romania
“Weinkeller - a friendly place for an empty stomach”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been there last summer with a group of friends who I remember were very hungry and we were impressed by the hospitality, the good food and the very good choice of wines, both red and white the waiter recommended us. The tuica was also amazing since it was a homemade spirit and it accompanied the cheese plateau we had for an entry very well

I recommend this place when hungry but perhaps it's better to make a reservation in advance. The location pays off for sure as it's situated minutes from Sibiu's historical center and once inside you can experience some really good food in a genuine Transylvanian cellar.

Very good service, quite cheap for a very nice looking restaurant, perfect food hungry travelers,Weinkeller has them all.

Enjoy!

• Visited August 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
“Excellent food and Exquisite wines means Winekeller!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Every time I was in Sibiu I ate here since in my opinion is the most romantic place, the food is delicious and the wines very good. I always come here to eat beef with horseradish sauce and jam. We had for starters goulash soup and some bruschetta with tomatoes and salmon which were excellent. For main course we had the beef that I mentioned before and some chicken roll with white sauce. We had as an appetizer an white wine Nachbil - Riesling after that a rose one from Stirbey Domain. For the main course and after that a red Pinot Noir from Nachbil which was astonishing. I highly recommend that wine. Overall was a very nice experience and I can't wait to go to Sibiu for this restaurant once again :) I definitely recommend everyone to eat or to drink a good wine here. Especially for couples.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Cheroo1
Sibiu, Romania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Perfect service, excellent wines and food, cheap prices. The perfect locatin for everyone. I love it. Situated in a celler with so much flair, and it smells like history.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank lebehier
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very best food & very good location”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

"Tocana saseasca de vacuta cu varza rosie si piure de cartofi" very, very...good food! Associate with a dry red wine, from the local offer, was a excelent choice! After that we recomended "Prune fierte in vin cu inghetata si scortisoara"! The place is beautiful and the personnel was very, very kindly! It's a beautiful restaurant! We love Sibiu and the sibians people!

Un cuplu de bucuresteni...autentici!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank matei d
Bucharest, Romania
“One of the best places to eat in Sibiu”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went there several times and I strongly recommend it. The carrot cream soup is my personal favorite, along with the fried goat cheese salad. The Weinkeller steak with ginger bread sauce is definitely worth a try, if you are searching for innovative dishes.
The waiter was very wine knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of serving wine, such as knowing the characteristics type of wine in the menu and what wines best complement particular foods.

• Visited November 2012