“Great location and friendly management”
Review of Levoslav House

Levoslav House
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were very happy with our choice of hotel in Sibiu. In fact Levoslav House is probably more like a pension in some ways. No lift but we asked for and were guaranteed a room on the first floor and the manager carried our bags up.

He was also very helpful with enquiries before our visit and I booked directly with hotel.

Our room was very large. The bathroom was large- but watch the slippery floor and the shower over the bath a bit of a challenge.

But the breakfast was good and staff very attentive.

The location right by the main square is perfect- although the one way streets could be a challenge if you were driving. I would suggest you check with the management before you arrive.

Yes i would stay there again if in Sibiu.

Sibiu is a lovely old city as are the villages around. We visited with our guide from Transylvania Discovery Tours- see under Brasov.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the first floor because there is no lift.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Levoslav House

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The decor is slightly dated but the architecture is perfect and the location ideal. I was saved by the desk clerk when at dawn I managed to check out without my phone. I will choose this hotel again whenever I revisit this astonishing city.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was a great find right next to Old Town Square. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spacious and clean. My only complaint would be it gets a little hot without being able to control your own heating (which goes for the rest of Eastern Europe hotels it seems). We just opened up the windows to let some air in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrissiH
Reviewed April 19, 2014

always I find the things people complain about quite interesting! had noticed some complaints about Levoslav house so I didn't know what to
expect! arrived without a reservation wanting to see the hotel before i would commit online! and I must say the room I was given was incredible!
it was two rooms with a immense bathroom! room 301! came to Sibiu for
a bit of Saxon history and Levoslav was the perfect place to experience that! located just a block off the main square but incredibly quiet! as for the room itself incredibly quiet and always impeccably clean! also a buffet breakfast was included! let's just say the buffet was decent! nothing to rave about still a nice way to start off the day! and the woman who was in
charge of the buffet was great! even taught me a few words in Romanian! as for the rest of the staff they were all great! there was a tall thin gentleman that I had many dealings with and he was always helpful and pleasant! also I liked the block it was on! there was a small store on the corner where I would stop to buy a beer at the end of the night! and the woman owner even though she spoke no English after the end of a few days it seemed she understood everything I said! Levoslav was a great experience in Sibiu/Hermannstadt!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank maris09
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had a business trip to Sibiu recently and we decided to go a few days early to tour around. We wanted to stay somewhere near the main square, and Levoslav got good reviews on TripAdvisor - so, I booked three nights here.

It's a nice hotel. It isn't exactly a luxury hotel, but it's clean and modern - and the location really couldn't be better. There are a couple of quirky things worth mentioning. First, there is no elevator - so, I'd highly recommend asking for a room on a lower floor (I was on the third floor - which means fourth floor if you're from North America - and it was a bit of a climb). Second, the staircase lights are activated by motion sensors. I appreciate the energy-conserving nature of this - but it meant that sometimes I would be halfway up the staircase in the dark before the lights clicked on. Third, the radiant heating panels on the walls were a mystery to us at first - they look like marble slabs - but once we figured out what they were, we liked them; they were efficient, and they don't make the air feel dry like forced-air heating systems do.

Our room was spacious and clean, and the bed and pillows were very comfy. The staff was friendly. And the location was really perfect - just a few buildings away from the main square, which meant it was a little quieter than I imagine the hotels directly on the square would be.

When we were exploring Sibiu we drove past the other hotels we had considered - modern high-rise hotels like the Hilton and Golden Tulip (I think that's its name). These are really on the edge of the city center and look pretty sterile. Seeing them made me appreciate Levoslav and its great location even more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first or second floor, away from the main street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We asked our agent to book us at Levoslav based on reviews in Trip Advisor. I would definitely not call this hotel 'luxurious' and we were disappointed.

The location is excellent located right in the heart of Sibiu. We had a twin bedded room which was nice and quiet. The room was clean.

However, this hotel bills itself as a four star which is in my view not accurate. The quilts on our bed were two children's quilts (literally you could see the cartoon figures through the covers) and were thin. The pillows were also thin and we had to ask for two more. The towels were rough and left lint all over after showering.

The bathroom had a corner shower unit but the shower holder had broken and been replaced by one at an odd angle. There were minimal amenities. On whole the bathroom was very basic and clinical.

The heating in the room came from two odd radiators made out of marble. The one in the bathroom had a typed sign pasted over it saying not to put towels on it as it would damage the heater. No problem - we didn't do this. However, some of our foundation (makeup) got on the towel and as we were checking out the receptionist and the chamber maid both tried to inist that we had 'burned' the towel and possibly damaged the heater which was 'very expensive'. It was so obvious that what was on the towel was make-up which easily washes off with a little water and no one had bothered to try as they wanted us to pay for the 'alleged damage.' We simply left.

The breakfast was also very poor. The coffee was cold. There were some cold poached eggs and a few apples along with cold cuts. I had some yogurt and added what I thought was granola only to find it was plain rolled oats.

Lastly, in a cost savings measure the hotel does not keep the hallways lit. Rather the fluorescent lights only come on as you enter the darkened hallway. We found this very gloomy and depressing not to mention dangerous as the floors are made of slippery marble.

I think that there are likely better options in Sibiu.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Laurski
LEVOSLAVHOUSEHOTEL, General Manager at Levoslav House, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your review, good or bad it's always extremely helpful to see how our guests feel in order to constantly improve the comfort and our overall accommodation quality.

Regarding the room you were staying in, we always admit that it doesn't match the high standard of our other 4 star rooms and was initially designed as a room for children, is located in a corner and is the only twin room in the hotel.
Unfortunately, the agency that booked this room for you failed to inform you about all the downsides of it as we have advised them to do.

However, we also noticed that you had other problems with our services, the towels were actually brand new (first use), the incident with them was just an unfortunate misunderstanding and we promise you this will not happen again.

As a final note, we decided to stop booking this room for the agencies, as we cannot control the details they provide to the customers, and only book it ourselves for the families with children.

If you decide to come back to us in the future (even just to check for improvements), we have the pleasure of offering you a spacious suite (45 square meters) for a minimal price, with excellent conditions and real 4 star comfort.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel is very well located, the furniture is new and the bad and pillows are very comfy. That's not the case for service and for breakfast. I had the shower head broken ( see photo) and I asked them from the day I arrived till the evening before I left (5 days) to change it. Every time they said, very polite that they can not change it now (in the evening) but they will let know their collegues in the morning and they will change it. Every evening same story. The breakfast is standard to poor (various types of cold cut but poor choice of fruits and yoghurts), they have stuff listed that they don't actually have, etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business