“Not up to Hilton Standards”
Review of Hilton Sibiu

Hilton Sibiu
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
Pompano Beach Florida
“Not up to Hilton Standards”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in Feb. 2013. If i were to plan a trip to Sibiu again, I would pick another hotel.

The hotel is beautiful. Very upscale. The hotel is a few miles from downtown and you will need a car or take taxi's.
When I checked in, I was told I would have access to the Executive Lounge. ( I am a Diamond Member of Hiltons HHonors). Every time i went to visit this lounge, it was closed. Even at times listed on the door. After the 2nd day, I asked the front desk and was told, "it is off season, the lounge is closed". I asked why I was told i could access the lounge, if it is closed. All I got was a "sorry".
The rooms are very nice. But the heating system is not an American standard ( which i think should be standard for an American Brand chain). The room was actually too warm. I called the front desk and asked for help getting the room cooler. ( not AC just not so much heat). I was told the setting in my room was the minimum temp. So, I had to crack the window to cool off the room. But then I could hear dogs barking all night. This made sleeping difficult. But even more difficult was that somewhere above my room was some type of construction thru the night. I could hear construction and a radio playing music.
If i were in Sibiu, again, I would find another hotel, closer to downtown and walking distance to multiple restaurants.
Lastly, I didn't find the front desk helpful. When I asked them for directions, I was handed a map.
I understand this is "low season" bit you are still selling Hilton Service, which you didn't live upto.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank barbuhomme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 19, 2013

very nice, clean, good service, people are very friendly . A bad point was the crowded spa filled with people outside the hotel ,maybe for the profit and this is not allwright. Despite that ,is one of the best Hilton I accommodate.

Room Tip: try not to get room faced to the national road
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bogdan A
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A personal thank you for Mrs. Luminita, the Guest Relations Manager, a true professional, who has welcomed us with open arms and offered us a multitude of useful information about the hotel and the landmarks in Sibiu. She can give you a lesson of history and art at any time! We will definitively come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Sibiu for one night in early January.

The room we had was quite nice, with a good bed and a spacious bathroom. The room was however quite cold on entering and putting on the heater didn't help much to warm up the room. Luckily the blankets were quite thick.

The big draw of this hotel, which is located in the forest outside the city centre, is the indoor pool and spa. They are quite nice but on the day we stayed there, both of them were full of people who didn't stay at the hotel but just came to the pool and spa. The pool was crowded with people and kids who did not seem how to behave correctly in a hotel pool. At the jacuzzi it was the same. Somebody even stole my hotel slippers while we were in the jacuzzi so I had to ask the spa reception for new ones (which they gladly provided).

Other than that the hotel is nice and the buffet breakfast is not bad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulL56
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Haven't actually accomodated here, but I held a christening party at one of the restaurants and received a room for my baby during the party. The room looks great. Very smart looking, very spacious and also very clean.
I have also enjoyed the spa center on several occasions. It is by far the best in Sibiu, regarding the geneal appearance and services.
Although the location might seem a litlle distant from the city centre on the map, take in consideration that Sibiu is a small city with litlle traffic, so you get in the city's hystorical centre in 10 minutes by car and in about 45-60 minutes by walking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonSibiu, Manager at Hilton Sibiu, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay and our services! We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the Hilton Sibiu. Warm regards, Dana Modrescu - Hilton Sibiu.
Bucharest
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A very nice, warm and friendly hotel, located in an excellent area. The hotel covers all the needs for a business travel or holiday. The rooms are large, clean and well furnished, and the business area is also well equiped. The Spa area is also at high standard offering very good choice of treatments, saunas, a large pool, a relaxation room and a meditation one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments. The positive feedback has been happily shared with our team and we all are looking forward to welcoming you at the Hilton Sibiu on many other occasions. Warm regards, Dana Modrescu - Hilton Sibiu.
Bucharest
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel has a very good standard, both in terms pf hotel amenities and services. Rooms are spacious and elegant, minor exception being the paintings on the wall The Spa facilities are excellent, large pool and several saunas, excellent treatments as well, although they do not come cheap for Romanian standards. There are two restaurants, one French, the other traditional Romanian. We prefer the latter, it is nicely decorated, food is good and service excellent. The hotel is not located in the city center, if you want that choose Ramada, but the advantage of this one especially in the summertime is that it"s across the road from a lovely Village Museum, hosting many interesting exhibits. In particular good for families with children. It is also on the way to the mountain resort Paltinis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It is great to learn that our team has secured an enjoyable stay for you. We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on many other occasions. Warm regards, Dana Modrescu, Hilton Sibiu.