All reviews floor restaurant top floor modern hotel old town entire city tea bags close to the city center upon check modern style other hotels nice personnel clean rooms reception staff large room pleasant stay breakfast is served excellent hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Good bed, clean room with a window to open, functioning airco, surprisingly good breakfast, good massage and nice jacuzzi. I do d not expect more for the price. However, I was impressed by the staff. They tried hard and did very well

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Dorin M, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at the Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu hotel. I sincerely appreciate your kind and positive comments regarding the service provided by our team members but also about our location and our rooms and the restaurant. We take pride in engaging our guests and making their stay memorable and problem free.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu again in the future.

Kind regards!
Dorin M
Sales Account Manager

Reviewed April 19, 2019

Clean hotel, interior is very clean, bit 'cold' but OK.. All functionalities were working well. Extremely friendly staff. Well balanced breakfast buffet nd diner in restaurant is also from good, not exceptional, quality.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Dorin M, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at the Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu. I sincerely appreciate your kind and positive comments regarding the service provided by our team members but also about our location and our rooms andf the restaurant.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 8, 2019

The restaurant in which we had a private party was amazing and the view from its 12 Floor is also amazing, you can see the entire city from above. Great service and the ambiance was also on high level. I would choose it once again if I had too.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Dorin M, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments.It is great to know that you have enjoyed our services! The positive feedback has been happily shared with our team and we all are looking forward to welcoming you at the 585 Fusion panoramic restaurant on many other occasions.
Best regards

Reviewed February 13, 2019

ExslenExslent hotelt hotel.This is a great hotel in Sibiu, close to the airport. There is plenty of parking for later. An excellent breakfast, the hotel is not the most central to reach the pedestrian mall and you can walk or book a taxi.
Due to a very early flight prepared for us morning breakfasts in bags

Date of stay: September 2018
Dorin M, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2019

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at the Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu Hotel. I sincerely appreciate your kind and positive comments regarding the service provided by our team members but also about our location .
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu Hotel again in the future.

Best regards!

Reviewed January 11, 2019

I have a mini story for you. Where to start.. We stayed here because we had to. I wouldn't have chosen to stay at this hotel because I had read the reviews before and they weren't that great, especially for a 4 star hotel. This chain has a hotel in our city too, which i visited and was pleased by so i kept some hopes that it would be nice, despite of what i read about it. the location is good too.
The check in was smooth and the girl was nice. We got a single room on the upper floor and the bellhop guided us to use the panoramic elevator instead of the regular one, which we apreciated. We love a good view/panorama.
I also liked that the breakfast is served at the top floor, near the restaurant (which oddly, has small windows opposed to the breakfast lounge which has glass walls all around). i liked the view and the food was ok.
The room disappointed. The view and layout was nice but as soon as we got in we saw hair on the bathroom floor and stains on the bed covers. There were some strands of hair in my bed too, which i did not appreciate. Hair in the bathtub drain too.
I believe it is common practice but there was a notice card in the room anyway, to adivse that you leave the used towels on the bathroom floor so that the cleaning staff will know what to replace. i had smeared some mascara on a small towel by mistake so i left it on the bathroom floor to be changed. We had also used some of the other towels but we left them up as we did not need them replaced. When we came back we found the small towel still dirty, up on the counter but folded, and the other towels we used were the same ones we used but again, folded (they did this every day). this really upset and annoyed me! first they didn't change the dirty towel and even put it from off the floor back on the counter, then they mixed the towels we used so that now we couldn't quite tell which we had used for what. Also, there were no shampoo bottles or shower gel, only conditioner. they put in some shampoo and shower gel by the 3rd day.
We used drinks from the minibar. There was a form that said that you should fill in only your LAST consumption, and we kept track of what we consumed and when. they refilled the minibar with what we consumed, except towards the end of our stay.
Another problem we had (which we never had at other hotels before) was our card key demagnetized every. single. day. the first time it happened i went to reception(different girl) and she told me i should not keep it near metal or magnetic things and i agreed. the next day i had to go again (i had kept the key in my pants' back pocket, nowhere near metal) and she kind of reproached me -repeated the same thing- so i told her where i kept it but she didn't answer. this behaviour irked me. but, had no choice but to go again the next day, and the next. A few days in, we noticed a group of german guests had checked in. one of the ladies knocked at our door the next evening asking for help as she could not get in her room (her card key had demagnetized) but she didn't speak english. lucky my companion spoke some germain and could direct her what to do.
By the end of our stay we had minibar consumption and an ironing service.
Check out time. Different ppl again. We prepared the card to pay as she asked, and payed (we weren't attentive enough to wait for the contract before paying). Then they gave us the contract. We realised the asked price was bigger than what we had calculated & she said they have a different currency (what?). So we checked the contract and 1st thing we noticed there was Restaurant written so we were puzzled. We told them we had not eaten at their restaurant. she insisted that it's correct. i got angry and told her to check again, cameras even, because she looked at us like we were lying. at this point i was riled up from all the disappointments but trying to keep calm. she came back with a check that had our name written on it - she soon discovered from the waiter who wrote it that the GENTLEMAN ("clearly not you" she said) who dined there had either given the wrong room nr or the waiter didn't hear it corectly. now she had to cancel the payment (she seemed a bit lost) so we could pay again the right amount.
But we noticed another mistake just as we were signing the new contract (she reproached us for not having mentioned this mistake faster, to which we told her that we didn't notice as we were busy with the 1st mistake) - they had added to our minibar consumption.
(we had given her the form at the begining on which she insisted that we should have written every consumption and that she had no way of knowing what we consumed - i advised them to change their forms then, since they clearly state otherwise and she didn't seem to believe us so we pointed it at her on the paper, but no answer).
So we told her again what we consumed because she seemed quite sure that she knew better than us. at this point i was done, and just waiting for them to make a new contract again, pay, get it over with and leave.
And finally, we left. Just as we reached the center, the receptionist called. She realised she had stapled on our contract a check that she should have kept for the hotel. So we put our luggage down and searched our bag for it. Took a pic of it and sent it to her in an email (if she had told us to bring it back i would have lost it). No "thank you" or anything..
So yeah, that was our experience. I am for sure not staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Dany192019
Dorin M, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at the Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu Hotel.Your feedback is very important and I mention that it was shared with the rest of the team because it gives us the opportunity to take note of areas within the hotel stand out or could use some attention.
I sincerely appreciate your kind and positive comments regarding the service provided by our team members at the check-in but also about our location and our rooms and the panorama of the restaurant.The room that you got was a double one.Also there can be no excuse for any unprofessional behaviour by any member of the team and we apologize for the situation you were put in regarding the room and the check-out situation.For any problems that you encounter in the hotel,on your stay, you can adress to the front desk.They will take the necessary actions to completely satisfy your needs and expectations. We will take all the necessary measures and make every effort to improve our services. We are certain that such a situation,like yours, will not happend again.
Thank you once again for your very valued feedback, as it is in this way that we can monitor and assess the services we provide for our guests and I do hope that we can welcome you back to Golden Tulip Ana Tower Sibiu Hotel in the not too distant future, when I am sure we can make amends because we want to stay permanently oriented to provide a memorable and unforgettable stay to our guests.
Best regards!