All reviews traditional building old city train station a great stay large room central location parking bridge
Reviewed August 15, 2018

The appeal to be was the secure courtyard parking for the motorbike, but there was much more to Casa Baciu having stayed there. The large wooden door swung open soon after I used the intercom and I received a friendly welcome. The bike safely parked I was able to take the 5 minute walk to the old town squares and the Bridge of Liars where there are plenty of places to eat. There is a grocery shop a few steps from Casa Baciu.
The large room had basic but comfortable furniture and the en-suite bathroom was excellent. It was quiet despite the central location. Only the electrical storm in the night woke me and then it was pleasant to sit under cover in the courtyard.
Breakfast was served in the small dining room with charming serve once more. Eggs were cooked to order and there was salad,cheese, bread, meats, jams etc. Coffee was freely available and I sat in the courtyard with my second cup.
The signage for the hotel is easy to see but sat nav is an advantage in these old medieval cobbled streets.
Good levels of service, great position and good value.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

It was a last minute booking and it was the perfect choice. Spacious and clean room very close to the centre. The lady who received me was really welcoming and nice. Excellent value for money. Can only recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2018

I spent two nights at Casa Baciu last July. The hotel is conveniently located within easy walking distance of both the train station and the old city. The room I was in got rather warm without air conditioning, but was otherwise very comfortable. The bathroom had some signs of wear, but did have updated fixtures. I did not have the opportunity to try the breakfast because of my schedule, but it was available every morning. Overall I had a good stay at Casa Baciu. It is a good hotel for a budget price.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2017

A very helpful staff and very welcoming. We had breakfast even if we were the only two guests there having it at the venue. It was big and made especially for us. We also had extra coffee because we felt like drinking more. Also, on the day of our arrival, because we got there earlier, we were invited to wait for our room over a cup of coffee in the backyard.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Typical Siebenbürger house in typical street in front of the old town. Short distance to the center (about 5-7 minute walk); some restaurants, mini-market and bank office along the way.

Courtyard parking; room (simple but spacious suite on the first floor) quietly located facing the nice courtyard (unless noisy young people from a neighbouring house disturb). Very clean.

Friendly people.

Simple but sufficient breakfast (cereal, yogurt, sausage, cheese, vegetables, egg on order, water). Coffee in the Thermos on the second day was cold.

Room tip: Suite on the first floor facing the courtyard
Date of stay: July 2017