“Well deserved”
Review of mOdus Hotel

mOdus Hotel
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Varna
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am sorry that our busy return to the UK by train allowed only a single night at this great hotel. It is well up to international standards on any continent north of the equator.
The location, by the SEA GARDENS and the main pedestrianised street, is ideal. The staff were very good, the room was great and the breakfast choice excellent.
What more do you need?
We will certainly choose this hotel again and will recommend it to all our friends!

Room Tip: Our room 47 was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigbaz
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Bigbaz,

Thank you for your time and consideration to share your positive impressions of mOdus hotel! We value your opinion and it matters the most for all of us! It's a great pleasure to hear such motivating words for our work and we will be delighted if you'd choose mOdus hotel for your next visit! We are truly looking forward to it!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Thoroughly deserves its status as the number one trip advisor hotel
In varna
Great staff , great location , great food in particular the breakfast was one of the best we have had its such a change having hot food cooked to order
Well designed modern rooms
Need I say more

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank ChrisBazell
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear ChrisBazell,

Thank you for the great review on mOdus hotel! I'm absolutely impressed by your ability to say so much with so few words! Please rest assured that your comments will be passed to the staff and those, who have contributed to your perfect experience will be acknowledged accordingly!

Please consider visiting us again, it will be our pleasure!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at the Modus hotel for service and it was 5 star American standards. The staff was very helpful in every way. Nothing was to much. The rooms were clean and well kept. The food was wonderful. The star there was the driver Vince , he was helpful and knew everything

Room Tip: A high floor is nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Charles S
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Dr. Sacks,

Thank you for choosing mOdus hotel for your stay and for the fabulous review!
We were lucky to have you with us and we truly appreciate your honest feedback, especially when coming from an experienced traveller and a man with such exquisite taste. I am particularly satisfied that there was an employee who walked the extra mile and has been so helpful to make your stay memorable.
Your comment will be passed to all the staff and the owners in recognition to the entire team!

Please feel free to be our guest again if your travel plans should include Varna. It will be our pleasure!

Very respectfully,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was a really pleasant surprise to find such a good and professional service in Modus hotel. I am from Varna but leaving abroad for the past 10 years. I am in hotel business as well and I am highly recommending the hotel to anyone. For a short trip or a vacation. It can serve well any purpose you will be visiting Varna. Location is perfect close to the centrum of the city and the beautiful sea garden. And the staff will make sure you are served at your expectations! Great food and menu. Breakfast was fantastic. We stay for 10 days and I never saw housekeeping ( knocking on the door or in the room) our room was just magically arranged any time we get back.
Working in hotels I can really be very picky on small details :) nothing made me feel uncomfortable or disappointed from any side.
All those small extra efforts that we experience made our short vacation more pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Galinaslavova
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Ms. Slavova,

Your review really made me feel overwhelmigly happy and full of professional pride! Coming from a person who is also in the hospitality industry with such remarkable experience, your kind and motivating words are highly appreciated and welcomed! Please accept my sincere gratitude and my personal "Thank you" for being our guest!

Hope to see you again at mOdus hotel. It will be my true honor!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is one of the best boutique hotels I have ever stayed in in the 224 countries I have been to.

The service is exceptional right from when your car arrives outside the hotel and the bellboy is there to carry your luggage. Staff speak excellent English. Price is fair for the quality and if you are willing to book a non refundable rate, very reasonable by world standards albeit expensive by Bulgarian standards.

The rooms are an interesting triangle shape and small but very well thought out with sleek, modern design (beige carpeting and black furniture). TZ is flat screen but very small; WIFI is very fast and free throughout the property. Beds very comfortable and room super clean. They even have turn down service! I got a good night's sleep even though my room overlooked a busy styreet and there was some noise from traffic.

Good sized shower stall with separate toilet and sink area so two people sharing can take care of their grooming needs at the same time. Cosmetics high end L'Occitaine. Powerful hairdryer and that rarity in hotels--bedside reading lights.The one negative is that there is no desk to work at, but you could go to the restaurant during quitet hours if need be (although there is music there that might be distracting for serious work). There is a small elevator so people with impaired mobility can get to their rooms.

They have a sauna (let staff know an hour before to heat it for you) and small gym (dumbells; bike; treadmill) open until 9 PM but you can probably use it after hours as the door is not kept locked.

The food is amazing. The breakfast buffet serves up eggs any way you want them; cereal; mounds of yummy Bulgarian yoghurt (try the one with fresh rasberries mixed in--I kept having this as dessert); breads; cold cuts including salmon and cucumbers. You won't need to eat again until dinner. Again, the menu is well thought out with lots of healthy choices. The salads are to die for and beautifully presented. Main courses small and in the nouvelle cuisine style. Waiter service is excellent and kitchen is open until 10:30 PM.

Next to the hotel there are loads of cafes and fresh juice stands in the summer and it's a short stroll to the beach.

An excellent address that I got thanks to Trip Advisor reviews. I'm glad I stayed here rather than one of the resort hotels in Konstantin Helena where I was diving.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank poleinahole1

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your kindness and consideration to compose such detailed and informative review after your stay at mOdus hotel! There is hardly any aspect of our operation left unnoticed by your eye. We are so happy that you are satisfied with your hotel experience and we are very much looking forward to seeing you agai in the near future!

Very respectfully,

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night with my wife before flying home to Dublin the next day, I recieved a free upgrade to a beautiful apartment, I have stayed in many hotels in many countries throughout the world and i can honestly say the friendlyness and reception we recieved was second to none. The hotel is small but the staff and attention to detail make up for it , cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank davieboy4444

Dear Davie,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review with regards to your recent stay at mOdus hotel! Our guests' satisfaction has always been our ultimate care. I'm very proud with my staff for being able to leave you with nothing less but positive experience and good memories!
Please consider visiting us again soon, we will be our true plaesure to heve you back at mOdus!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Hotel is decent but would not call it a five star one. The rooms are spacious and view is great but there is nothing special and remembering for that hotel. Good thing is that it is quite close to the sea park

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Georgi K
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Georgi,

I gratefully welcome all points of view, shared here on TripAdvisor. I believe that this makes the site so important in terms of getting a honest and unbiased impression about any given property.
Perhaps we are not what you expected and that's perfectly OK, as we have never claimed 5 stars category or whatever doubtful standards they may promise according to the local requirements. I understand that there is no universal formula for everyone but I'm sure that we have found the right blend and this is by far concurred by hundreds of reviewing visitors. I only hope that the majority of our guests will continue choosing our hotel because they are able to recognize and would appreciate the attention to detail which we have implemented in place. So far we are being blessed with guests who have enjoyed our services and facilities and are happy to keep coming back time and time again. I do hope that you will be one of those guests and you will find that our hotel is very much worth staying at.

Regards,