mOdus Hotel
$61
Hotwire.com
$74
Travelocity
All reviewssea gardenpillow menufree bikeslarge balconylittle detailsboutique hotelperfect hotelfresh fruitgreat designcomfortable roomthree nightsfew stepsbusiness tripthe hotel staffbusiness or pleasuregreat place to stayinternet connection
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is one of the best boutique hotels I have ever stayed in in the 224 countries I have been to.

The service is exceptional right from when your car arrives outside the hotel and the bellboy is there to carry your luggage. Staff speak excellent English. Price is fair for the quality and if you are willing to book a non refundable rate, very reasonable by world standards albeit expensive by Bulgarian standards.

The rooms are an interesting triangle shape and small but very well thought out with sleek, modern design (beige carpeting and black furniture). TZ is flat screen but very small; WIFI is very fast and free throughout the property. Beds very comfortable and room super clean. They even have turn down service! I got a good night's sleep even though my room overlooked a busy styreet and there was some noise from traffic.

Good sized shower stall with separate toilet and sink area so two people sharing can take care of their grooming needs at the same time. Cosmetics high end L'Occitaine. Powerful hairdryer and that rarity in hotels--bedside reading lights.The one negative is that there is no desk to work at, but you could go to the restaurant during quitet hours if need be (although there is music there that might be distracting for serious work). There is a small elevator so people with impaired mobility can get to their rooms.

They have a sauna (let staff know an hour before to heat it for you) and small gym (dumbells; bike; treadmill) open until 9 PM but you can probably use it after hours as the door is not kept locked.

The food is amazing. The breakfast buffet serves up eggs any way you want them; cereal; mounds of yummy Bulgarian yoghurt (try the one with fresh rasberries mixed in--I kept having this as dessert); breads; cold cuts including salmon and cucumbers. You won't need to eat again until dinner. Again, the menu is well thought out with lots of healthy choices. The salads are to die for and beautifully presented. Main courses small and in the nouvelle cuisine style. Waiter service is excellent and kitchen is open until 10:30 PM.

Next to the hotel there are loads of cafes and fresh juice stands in the summer and it's a short stroll to the beach.

An excellent address that I got thanks to Trip Advisor reviews. I'm glad I stayed here rather than one of the resort hotels in Konstantin Helena where I was diving.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Poleinahole
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your kindness and consideration to compose such detailed and informative review after your stay at mOdus hotel! There is hardly any aspect of our operation left unnoticed by your eye. We are so happy that you are satisfied with your hotel experience and we are very much looking forward to seeing you agai in the near future!

Very respectfully,

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night with my wife before flying home to Dublin the next day, I recieved a free upgrade to a beautiful apartment, I have stayed in many hotels in many countries throughout the world and i can honestly say the friendlyness and reception we recieved was second to none. The hotel is small but the staff and attention to detail make up for it , cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank davieboy4444

Dear Davie,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review with regards to your recent stay at mOdus hotel! Our guests' satisfaction has always been our ultimate care. I'm very proud with my staff for being able to leave you with nothing less but positive experience and good memories!
Please consider visiting us again soon, we will be our true plaesure to heve you back at mOdus!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Hotel is decent but would not call it a five star one. The rooms are spacious and view is great but there is nothing special and remembering for that hotel. Good thing is that it is quite close to the sea park

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Georgi K
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Georgi,

I gratefully welcome all points of view, shared here on TripAdvisor. I believe that this makes the site so important in terms of getting a honest and unbiased impression about any given property.
Perhaps we are not what you expected and that's perfectly OK, as we have never claimed 5 stars category or whatever doubtful standards they may promise according to the local requirements. I understand that there is no universal formula for everyone but I'm sure that we have found the right blend and this is by far concurred by hundreds of reviewing visitors. I only hope that the majority of our guests will continue choosing our hotel because they are able to recognize and would appreciate the attention to detail which we have implemented in place. So far we are being blessed with guests who have enjoyed our services and facilities and are happy to keep coming back time and time again. I do hope that you will be one of those guests and you will find that our hotel is very much worth staying at.

Regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Previous reviewers have identified a number of positive aspects to this property. It's also worth noting that the naval museum is nearby - in the same park that the hotel overlooks - and the Black Sea is very close by - should you wish to take a dip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the good review! Thank you for the pictures too, we appreciate your efforts to emphasize on the little details that make us special. We hope to see you again soon and we hope that you will discover the full spectrum of our services!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 3 nights. Location was lovely, beach and many restaurants in walking distance. Rooms are on the small side but well designed. Air conditioning was great, wi fi worked brilliantly with no password needed. Good shower room and tv at the foot if the bed. Breakfast was lovely and service was very good. The only bad point is that sometimes traffic noise was quite loud but it did not disturb my sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Nic1105
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Nic,

Your review is so much appreciated and I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to post it here on TA! It is indeed very rewarding for all of us ho hear such good words from an experienced travellers, pointing not only to the positive side of their experience, but also to the areas where we need to improve. It the case with the sounds, coming from the street, there is a little that we can do but we have noted the issue and we did everything posiible to further improve our soundproofing at earliest convenience and to eliminate the impact of the urban noise which every major city on the coast has during the high season. I guess it's even in the nature of the things and as long as we do our part, we may assure our guests that their comfort is our utmost care and this will no longer be an issue!

Thank you again and please consider visiting us again!

Yours respectfully,