mOdus Hotel
$63
  • Breakfast included
$63
$61
All reviewssea gardenpillow menufree bikeslarge balconylittle detailsboutique hotelperfect hotelfresh fruitgreat designcomfortable roomthree nightsfew stepsbusiness tripthe hotel staffbusiness or pleasuregreat place to stayinternet connection
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was my first trip to Varna, and I been told to expect faded grandeur, some great examples of Art Nouveau and Deco architecture mixed with some varying successful examples of 70's Communist buildings. What I hadn't expected was how green the city is, how many parks and how close the centre is to the sea. If more money was used more effectively this city could be a wonderful addition like Split in Croatia....so it was a great surprise to see a well run, well designed hotel with friendly staff and great service. Room was superb with great facilities and breakfast very good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vanartus
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear vanartus,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community on TripAdvisor! It surely matters for all of us to know that your expectations have been exceeded and you are happy with your stay in Varna. Our city has a lot more to offer to its guests and I sicerely hope that you will consider visiting us again in the nearest future. If so, please feel welcome to stay with us again, it will be our pleasure to offer you our hospitality and we are very much looking forward to it!

Yours truly,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Purposely holding themselves down to 2 stars Modus proves less is more. Sleek modern minimalistic masculine design feels perfect for smaller spaces... classy places! By eliminating some of the unnecessary kitschy usual standards (thus dropping a couple of dimly lit stars)this refined Hotel is all a traveler needs.. great service perfect breakfast next to the park and 5 minutes to the beach! Costs a bit more but u will agree. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank kashi0110
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear kasi0110,

Thank you for being so kind as to post such nice and motivating review with regard to your recent stay at mOdus hotel! We sincerely appreciate your decision to share your observations here on TripAdvisor in favour of the entire travelling comunity. Please consider visiting us again if you would undergo another adventure in Bulgaria, It was a real pleasure having you with us and we are anxiously looking forward to welcoming you again!

Yours truly,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

First class from the moment of walking through the door. I never stay in big hotels if I can avoid it, and this is exactly the reason this policy often pays off. Assistance to the room, which was much larger than I expected. High quality fittings and L'Occitane toiletries. I dined in on the first night - the Bistro is top-notch - there was simply no need to leave the hotel after my slightly tiring flights and late arrival.

Nothing too much trouble: I wanted to adjust the heating in my room and had trouble with the temperature resetting. Reception had it sorted whilst I was out. They also happily printed my boarding passes which I e-mailed from my room the night before my checkout - it's the little things that you remember but which make all the difference.

Bed very comfortable, room had double aspect (and a small balcony at the back - but not view to speak of). The double-glazing eliminated the traffic noise at the front. Complementary bottle of water every day - again, a nice touch.

Although I didn't, if you ring ahead by 45 minutes, they'll turn the sauna on for you. There's a small fitness room in the basement which I'd probably use during a longer winter stay, though the Sea Gardens are right opposite, and running there and on the beach would probably be preferable.

Breakfast was good. A sense of personal service that you don't get everywhere.

I hope to be back, probably this year!

Room Tip: Request an "apartment". There's one on each floor. 3 was mine, and was very good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank James V
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear James,

Thank you so much for choosing mOdus hotel for your stay! Your time and efforts to post such brilliant review are highly appreciated! I find it very rewarding to see your attention to detail put to work and actually seeing how it makes a huge difference. Can't stress enough on how important it is for us to receive such detailed and professional reviews, which depict the very essence of our service philosophy - providing the best service, suppoprted by smartly built facilities.
If you asked me why is the personal touch so important and why we gladly do anything for you, I'd proudly say: That's who we are and that's how we beleive it should be done!
It has been a pleasure having you! We truly look forward to your future stay with us!

Very respectfully,

Reviewed May 31, 2013

When you arrive at this hotel it seems kind of unspectacular. Even the Foyer is small, but then you look around and see the funky style.

Reception was wonderful, and the staff cannot do enough to help. They really do mean it when they say they will cater to every need.

The location is excellent. Just a short walk to the beach, and it's right next to the main tourist mall. One pleasant surprise is all the birds flying and singing around the room. It's not at all overwhelming, and they don't wake you, but they are nice background noise.

The rooms themselves are fantastic. Very modern and full of the latest mod cons. If you've been to Bulgaria, you will know that Modern is hard to find.

Internet was lightening fast.

There was a good spread for breakfast considering it is a small hotel. The room service was outstanding.

I travel a lot. This was a great hotel. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try getting a view of the gardens or corner room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Steven D
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Steven D,
Allow me to extend our sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at mOdus hotel! It is so rare that a guest will notice all small details that are making us so unique. The attention to detail is wery well paying off when we have guests with such high standards like you, willing to share their findings with TripAdvisor community. Please do consider visiting us again soon, it will again be our true pleasure!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice and stylish hotel in Varna, just near to the Varna garden and the beach. It is near to the city centre also. Excellent service and very polite and friendly staff. Excellent combination between seaside holiday and town vacation or business trip. Definitely I'll be back soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Zdravko_13
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Zdrawko_13,

Thank you so much for the beautiful review! We are so happy that we have managed to meet and exceed your expectations. You, as well as each and every satisfied guest is more than welcome to visit us again, as one of our goals is to establish close relationship and make you feel like home.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!