“A very good stay!”

Best Western Park Hotel
Best Western Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Varna
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Me and my boyfriend spent a night here at Best Western Park Hotel. When we got in the room we were nice surprised because the room was very warm, cozy and spacious. A big comfortable bad, enough place to move between the furniture. There was a hot water kettle with some tea bags on the desk waiting for us. It is a very nice desicion as a standart. We didn`t try the food in the restaurant and the other outlets.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vanya D

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was recently in Sofia, Bulgaria. For one night I went to the Black Sea, to Varna. As part of my flight and hotel package I booked the Best Western Park Hotel. I did not expect much and I was very pleasantly surprised. The lady who is in charge of the hotel speaks English, Bulgarian and German and she is very guest oriented and helpful.

As a BW Diamond member I got an upgrade to a room with a super sea view and the second room had a connecting door so that it was in the end like a suite. The hotel itself is not luxurious and not basic, it is something between but good enough to feel you comfortable staying there.

In the bar you can enjoy a superb view to the sea and prices are fantastic. There is a direct bus from the airport to the hotel (get off one stop after the Delfinarium). Take also a bus to the city center without hassle. I recommend this hotel for your Varna stay, especially if you are with your car/bike or with your family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank danieledellarocca
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family spent fantastic night in this hotel. We stayed in the apartment 406-407, it is the best, very charming and comfortable and spacious!!
Everyone from the stuff of the hotel was very attending for my family needs as we were traveling with two small babies. I would like to thank especially the lady at the reception desk - Denitsa as she was very nice and always eager to help us!
Thank you for the nice stay! We will come back!

Room Tip: The apartment 406-407 is the best!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AROLB
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Best Western Park Hotel is very nice hotel in Varna , next to the Sea garden with lovely sea view.I spent there a few days with my wife .Our room was on the 3th floor with king size bed -very clean with perfect sea view.It was very nice to find a bottle of water , coffee and tea free of charge (great decigion Mr Manager).I want to thank to the beautiful and smiled girl on reception- she help us to find our friends and spent a lot of time to find us a hotel in Burgas.During our stay we had only one problem - on check out.We wanted to hurry up , because we were going to miss the bus to Burgas.Where was so many guests on reception , that also want to check out.On reception were the smiled girl and a boy , that made there best to make the express check out .There was another lady on reception ,and I don't know why-she stayed where without doing anything, only smiled and it was clear that she didn't know that to do there. She blocked the process,and when I tried to leave my card and go , she didn't help me ,I had to wait more and more.I tried to explain that I want to go ,we had a bus in 20 min, but she didn't understand me- may be she didn't speak english .It's ridicilous to stay on Best Western reception , without speaking english .The smiled girl was so kind to stop her work and to call us a taxi, but we missed the bus :(((

Room Tip: It's not so easy to find the hotel and the parking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Siana R
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've stayed here two nights at the beginning of the month with my parents and brother as a treat for their 35th wedding anniversary. My parents have visited Varna about 30 odd years ago and my dad was very keen to revisit, so my borther and I decided to treat them to a couple of days to reminisce the olden days...From entering the hotel we were greated by the nice cool air, and after a hot drive it was a bliss.

When selling a service the smallest of things are the ones that usually stick in your mind and for me it was the greeting: "Hello, we were expecting you!", and let me tell you it is the best greeting you can ask for.

The check-in was very quick and efficient and in no time we were in our rooms where the nice suprise continued with a fresh fruit basket and a bottle of wine in each room (this is not standard though) and after the long drive, a good shower is what every traveller will require and the expectation was met and surpassed.

To find the hotel do follow their directions, they are correct - as soon as you spot the hotel coming from the city cross to the other side and from there there are signs directing you to it. The entrance is not the most impressive and could do with a spruce-up as does the park around the hotel, especially on the right hand side. Apart from these things the hotel has a good location, not far from the city centre and please bear in mind this is not a hotel for the beach goers, but if you don't mind walking a fair distance for a very good service then stay here.

I haven't made use of the spa facilities, but I have no doubt they are clean as the rest of the place.

For dinner you have a few options, one just next to the hotel, which they recommend, and if you are more adventurous there are plenty of restaurants to choose from in the city for all budgets. The hotel offers cooked breakfast to a certain extent in the sense that there are fried, boiled eggs and omlette, which you shouldn't give it a miss and a good variety of meats, cheeses, pastries and pleanty of teasty fresh fruits on the buffet to help yourself as often as your heart desires.

All in all it was a very good find, parents happy, nice memories and definitely will recommend this hotel either if you are here on business, with friends, family or as a couple. The service is excellent, the staff smiling and discreet, the rooms and public areas clean. If I find myself in this part of the world again I won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Adaadi
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Great room, staff very helpful. Also got the mineneral water as mentioned in other reviews. 2 drawbacks: Room 105 is right by the best western sign and lights, but the blackout curtains do not cover the entire window. Also, if you are traveling with small children who want milk, they usually serve scalding hot milk as "warm," which is a minor hit since other places we travled to made the same mistake. It does have great views but is farther from the beaches and the main down town area but close to the delfinarium and "Rappongi" which is a popular restaurant right on the Black Sea. GPS couldn't find the place, but it's right on the main road.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank m034842
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Best Western Park Hotel is located (as the name says) in a park, but also few meters away from the block of flats of the Chaika neighborhoud of Varna. It has some pluses - shops, cheap cafes and ATM are very close from the hotel. Center is walking distrance (15 minutes), delfinarium just accross busy four line road and good beach 5 minutes walk. But it looks strange, and feels strange.

Rooms are comfortable, with good sound proof windows. Conference facilities are also fine. Food is average, but staff is extremely polite and very helpful.

The only minus is wi-fi that does not work very well in the hotel rooms. It however works very well in the conference room and hotel's lobby.

We didn't have running water for the last day and night we stayed in the hotel, half of the city didn't have it. But the hotel handled it very well, apologized several times and provided us with huge bottles of mineral water.

Room Tip: You may have a nice sea view from the upper level rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business