All reviewsmin walking distancevisited this hotelvery nice hotelnice roomby footmain boulevardgood sizepedestrian areahotel is locatedcathedralreceptionbulgariatulipscarpet
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

A very good location of the hotel- right next to the Cathedral which is in the center. Beach is 10-15 minutes away by foot.

IN THE HOTEL... My room with two single beds was very specious. I think that side of the hotel was recently renovated so take a room with a view to the Cross road. BREAKFAST was mainly the same but it had the essentials and it was well prepared. There is also a restaurant which prices are ok. They have a 3 course lunch menu for about 5-6 leva. Not a bad deal. You can also jump to Makao which is just across the traffic light where you can eat home made food.
THE STAFF was very friendly, kind and polite, especially the girl with the curly hair at the reception that was smiling all the time.

All in all I would say book this place. You will not regret it.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Beautifully located hotel. Staff is amazing, friendly, professional, curtious and helpfull. Outstanding breakfast buffet, loved the fruit compote, coffee variety of juices. The restaurant serves fantastic food, as a matter of fact, my husband found the spaghetti carbonara better then most countries he ate it at. Highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: We were on the forth floor, was like a small, comfortable apartment.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I visited this hotel early july with a group touring around Bulgaria. The Golden Tulip at Varna is an average 4 stars hotel but nothing exceptional. Some rooms have issues-problems as the door of the toilets in our room the first day couldn’t close. A guest has to change room because AC problems…
Breakfast is also average.
The location of the hotel is good especially for winter times as it is not very close to the sea but close to the pedestrian area.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2017

It was my first trip to this country and to this hotel.

It was my first trip to Bulgaria and to this hotel. Rooms are of good size and very clean. Bathroom and toilet are excellent compared to other Bulgarian hotels. The main plus point to this hotel is it's staff. Very courteous and did their best.

This is my first trip to Bulgaria and to this hotel. Rooms are of good size and very clean compared to other hotels. Bathroom and toilet are well maintained and clean.
The staff in this hotel are excellent. Very courteous and they did their best.
As a person from UK one thing that gave me a problem was the lack of kettle tea, coffee and such. You can request hot water. They just bring it.
In all my trips I never saw an archeological site inside a hotel and right next to the reception. I like tis kind of things. They said it is more than 1300 year old christian monastery.
Compared to other hotels the breakfast is good. I did enjoy the Bulgarian fresh fruits and honey.
Just a stone throw from the hotel is a very impressive Eastern Orthodox church. If you like icons and iconography don't miss this.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2017

The check in was superb. Except for when I asked the question about parking. Then we had an issue. I parked the car in the front fo the hotel as directed but was nervous about it since the parking area was small and a tourist bus was already parked there. We were able to walk to the places we wanted to go and it was not too far out.

Room Tip: north side has a better view
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family