“Great tour!”
Review of Free Varna Tour - CLOSED

Free Varna Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The free English-language sightseeing walking tour of the sea capital of Bulgaria - Varna. Every day at 6PM (1st May - 30th Sept). No reservation required. Just show up at the starting point. Upon request during the rest of the year.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I would like to recommend this tour for anyone who might be arriving at Varna; meeting every day at 6pm in front of the cathedral, the tour goes over all the important places in Varna in an informal way (and lasts about two hours) - you will definitely see more of Varna with this tour than you would on your own, and hear lots of stories, urban legends and so on. It's a great example for a successful initiative, and I wish more cities would have such things.

1  Thank L M

Reviewed October 13, 2013

It was very nice tour, to see all interesting things in Varna! Our tour guid was perfectyl informed, spoke a very englisch and was so smart! So, to see Varna in whole: We can recommand that tour!

1  Thank Jens-Jan Erik E... B
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a must for anyone visiting Varna for first time
Our guide spoke good English, was knowledgeable and had a sense of humour. The tour lasted just about the right time.

1  Thank ChrisBazell
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We done the Free Tour with Monika during our week long stay in Varna towards the end of August 2013 and thoroughly the enjoyed the two hour tour of the city.

I'll be honest, on the day of the tour my feet were hurting and I was tired from the night before, I began slowly dragging my feet and feeling a little sorry for myself. However as the tour went on I found myself intrigued by history of Varna and my sorrows were soon forgotten, so much so towards the end I couldn't help but ask question after question about the City as I wanted to hear more!

I would definitely look up any free tours in future based on this experience, the only feedback I could give to improve the experience would be to either make it a little longer, or perhaps split into different 'types' of tours to see different aspects of the City.

1  Thank Laidlos
See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our tour guide, Alex, was a great tour guide and told as many nteresting facts and was extremely funny and cute. He told us about history of Varna and Bulgaria and showed us the main points of interest.. After the tour he recommended us a restaurant which was very good.. :) One of the best :)

2  Thank Dulka01