See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2016

If you wish for top service and a good place to stay?
This is the place!
The employees are amazingly welcoming&helpful.
The hotel is very close to all kind of shops,
with everything you need!In the city but still quiet at night.
I stayed for two weeks and will do the same again very soon.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2016

We stayed for 3 night for a wedding, from arrival to check out everything was spotless, close to town, clean and comfy. We were able tOK use their cotbed for our little girl which save us bringing own. We will definitely return again.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Mr_MrsComan
Reviewed March 23, 2016

There is not much you can see for 3 hours, let alone in a 2 star hotel, so I will try to cover the basics.This hotel is a true two-star one, unlike some 4 * hotels, that are closer to a 2 star one ( read : Hotel Aqua in Varna ).We were given a room at the third floor.The bed was quite comfortable, very neatly and tidy arranged, somehow it makes such a small room look more spacious.The remote control for the air-conditioner sits neatly under it, you can see it even from the door - in a wall-mounted holder.The lady I was with liked the numerous mirrors in the room, there are at least 4 of them.When we were leaving, we heard noisy talking guests from the room across, but oddly enough, we did not hear them speak ( just minor noises ), when we were in the room, so I guess the isolation is decent.This is especially important for a person like me, I am addicted to a calm, quiter enviroment, this is what I expect even from the cheapest hotel.I have no idea how it would be for an overnight stay, though...
A small criticism - the lady at the reception was not polite.When I walked in the hotel with a lady, she immediately changed the look on her face - she was furious...like if I was a rapist.Most men know that look and would recognise it immediately.Women looking at men in such a way...wouldn`t notice the man if he was single, but when he is with a lady...the female jealousy is legendary - there are a number of articles about that.Funny enough, articles, written by female psychologists, but this is another story.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2015

I travelled with a female friend to Varna on the bus for Christmas shopping and took a taxi from there to the hotel which cost very little. In the light of what I am going to say I would first make it clear that our overnight stay in a twin en-suite room cost just over £14 or 39 lev so our expectations were not very high. After travelling through a fairly comprehensive shopping area we arrived at the hotel which is situated in a mainly residential area down a fairly narrow street and although the hotel is painted nicely and relatively well lit up our impressions were not particularly favourable. We agreed before getting out of the taxi that if we were unhappy with the interior we would simply leave and find different accommodation. We were stunned to find how clean, bright and well maintained the interior was. The receptionist was extremely helpful and friendly and her English was very good and the booking in process was smooth and painless. The room we had was clean, bright and overlooked the courtyard so was quiet. It was simple and fairly basic and the beds were comfortable. There was a heating/air conditioning unit, TV, fridge with mini bar including chocolate and an honesty system for what you use. A kettle and china is supplied although the coffee/tea is charged for and a hair dryer and toiletries in the bathroom. Towels, linen and more than enough bedding were supplied and were spotlessly clean although you do have to make up your own bed as it is made only with a bottom sheet, bedspread and pillow. The bathroom was very clean although small with a shower rather than a bath. During our stay we asked for taxis to be booked and they arrived in a short time and the booking was a courtesy service. When we left we asked whether we could leave bags anywhere as our bus wasn't until 17.30 pm and they happily stored them in a secure room for us without charge. If you pay the price we did expecting the Hilton and knee deep carpeting then this hotel is not for you - go somewhere else, but if you want terrific service, clean and comfortable rooms, friendly helpful staff and excellent value for money then this small hotel is the place for you. We fully intend to stay there again the next time we travel to Varna. If I had to look for any cons I would say that smoking is allowed in the hotel as it is with many hotels here, there is no plug in the bathroom sink but this is common here and I agree that parking may not be easy on the street outside. For additional pros the surrounding area is well worth a look and for knitters there is the biggest wool shop I have seen so far in Bulgaria in the shopping area and the Grand Mall by the bus station is well worth a visit especially when it's lit up at Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julesm390
Reviewed November 8, 2014

Hotel Color is more into B&B category and it's not really downtown. Close to the main city market of Varna it is located in quite busy area so parking is not always possible.
Pros: dog friendly
Cons: smoking allowed in the rooms

Room Tip: Ask for parking before getting there
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple