$122
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 23, 2016

There is not much you can see for 3 hours, let alone in a 2 star hotel, so I will try to cover the basics.This hotel is a true two-star one, unlike some 4 * hotels, that are closer to a 2 star one ( read : Hotel Aqua in Varna ).We were given a room at the third floor.The bed was quite comfortable, very neatly and tidy arranged, somehow it makes such a small room look more spacious.The remote control for the air-conditioner sits neatly under it, you can see it even from the door - in a wall-mounted holder.The lady I was with liked the numerous mirrors in the room, there are at least 4 of them.When we were leaving, we heard noisy talking guests from the room across, but oddly enough, we did not hear them speak ( just minor noises ), when we were in the room, so I guess the isolation is decent.This is especially important for a person like me, I am addicted to a calm, quiter enviroment, this is what I expect even from the cheapest hotel.I have no idea how it would be for an overnight stay, though...
A small criticism - the lady at the reception was not polite.When I walked in the hotel with a lady, she immediately changed the look on her face - she was furious...like if I was a rapist.Most men know that look and would recognise it immediately.Women looking at men in such a way...wouldn`t notice the man if he was single, but when he is with a lady...the female jealousy is legendary - there are a number of articles about that.Funny enough, articles, written by female psychologists, but this is another story.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2015

I travelled with a female friend to Varna on the bus for Christmas shopping and took a taxi from there to the hotel which cost very little. In the light of what I am going to say I would first make it clear that our overnight stay in a twin en-suite room cost just over £14 or 39 lev so our expectations were not very high. After travelling through a fairly comprehensive shopping area we arrived at the hotel which is situated in a mainly residential area down a fairly narrow street and although the hotel is painted nicely and relatively well lit up our impressions were not particularly favourable. We agreed before getting out of the taxi that if we were unhappy with the interior we would simply leave and find different accommodation. We were stunned to find how clean, bright and well maintained the interior was. The receptionist was extremely helpful and friendly and her English was very good and the booking in process was smooth and painless. The room we had was clean, bright and overlooked the courtyard so was quiet. It was simple and fairly basic and the beds were comfortable. There was a heating/air conditioning unit, TV, fridge with mini bar including chocolate and an honesty system for what you use. A kettle and china is supplied although the coffee/tea is charged for and a hair dryer and toiletries in the bathroom. Towels, linen and more than enough bedding were supplied and were spotlessly clean although you do have to make up your own bed as it is made only with a bottom sheet, bedspread and pillow. The bathroom was very clean although small with a shower rather than a bath. During our stay we asked for taxis to be booked and they arrived in a short time and the booking was a courtesy service. When we left we asked whether we could leave bags anywhere as our bus wasn't until 17.30 pm and they happily stored them in a secure room for us without charge. If you pay the price we did expecting the Hilton and knee deep carpeting then this hotel is not for you - go somewhere else, but if you want terrific service, clean and comfortable rooms, friendly helpful staff and excellent value for money then this small hotel is the place for you. We fully intend to stay there again the next time we travel to Varna. If I had to look for any cons I would say that smoking is allowed in the hotel as it is with many hotels here, there is no plug in the bathroom sink but this is common here and I agree that parking may not be easy on the street outside. For additional pros the surrounding area is well worth a look and for knitters there is the biggest wool shop I have seen so far in Bulgaria in the shopping area and the Grand Mall by the bus station is well worth a visit especially when it's lit up at Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julesm390
Reviewed November 8, 2014

Hotel Color is more into B&B category and it's not really downtown. Close to the main city market of Varna it is located in quite busy area so parking is not always possible.
Pros: dog friendly
Cons: smoking allowed in the rooms

Room Tip: Ask for parking before getting there
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wavedreamer
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have to agree with the previous reviewers - the hotel is everything you could ask for - clean, shiny and slick, evern for a two - star one.I also agree that Dimitar behaves very professional, he is helpful and so polite, that you are in for a shock.I visited the hotel with an unexperienced student girl ( don`t ask ), and we were allowed to choose and change rooms.The hotel is on the quiet side, although not paradise...When leaving, Dimitar was professional again - he did not look at us in a disturbing way.There were no questions whatsoever, in any time.This is just a good hotel at a good price, to do the trick and is perfectly enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I booked into this hotel for 4 nights as a rest stop before 3 months in Burgas. I had asked Dimitar to book a taxi for me as my flight arrived at 03:50! The taxi driver was waiting with his Hotel Color board on display and in under 15 minutes I was in my hotel room.

Usually I go to the main town centre for shopping and eating, but this visit has made me use facilities closer to the hotel. If you walk out the front door, turn left and walk about 200m you'll come to a crossroads. Turn right and on your left hand side is a market selling mostly fruit and vegetables, but other things are available. Beyond the market are several decent restaurants and bars.

As I stated in my earlier post. The Hotel Color offers good value and the staff are an excellent example of 'young' Bulgarian attitude. All the receptionists speak great English and no doubt a few other 'tourist' languages. My stay for 4 nights cost £62 or £15.50 per night. I am really happy to recommend this small hotel and disregarding the actual location, can honestly say it is well worth investigating. Others on here seem to give the impression that the Color fails in several departments? I can only say that my experiences have been nothing but good and as such can only give a good review.

To put things into perspective. I am a 65 yo disabled man. For me to walk to the nearest bus to the city is about 6-8 minutes!!! From the hotel to the main centre would take an able bodied person less than 10 minutes to walk. So, for a cheap, clean and VERY friendly hotel... put some Color in your life!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet side street, so noise is not a big issue... although I did have some rather noisy neighbours... due to their over zealous love making!!! Which seemed to be more noise than substance!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo