$128
$84
$117
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have to agree with the previous reviewers - the hotel is everything you could ask for - clean, shiny and slick, evern for a two - star one.I also agree that Dimitar behaves very professional, he is helpful and so polite, that you are in for a shock.I visited the hotel with an unexperienced student girl ( don`t ask ), and we were allowed to choose and change rooms.The hotel is on the quiet side, although not paradise...When leaving, Dimitar was professional again - he did not look at us in a disturbing way.There were no questions whatsoever, in any time.This is just a good hotel at a good price, to do the trick and is perfectly enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I booked into this hotel for 4 nights as a rest stop before 3 months in Burgas. I had asked Dimitar to book a taxi for me as my flight arrived at 03:50! The taxi driver was waiting with his Hotel Color board on display and in under 15 minutes I was in my hotel room.

Usually I go to the main town centre for shopping and eating, but this visit has made me use facilities closer to the hotel. If you walk out the front door, turn left and walk about 200m you'll come to a crossroads. Turn right and on your left hand side is a market selling mostly fruit and vegetables, but other things are available. Beyond the market are several decent restaurants and bars.

As I stated in my earlier post. The Hotel Color offers good value and the staff are an excellent example of 'young' Bulgarian attitude. All the receptionists speak great English and no doubt a few other 'tourist' languages. My stay for 4 nights cost £62 or £15.50 per night. I am really happy to recommend this small hotel and disregarding the actual location, can honestly say it is well worth investigating. Others on here seem to give the impression that the Color fails in several departments? I can only say that my experiences have been nothing but good and as such can only give a good review.

To put things into perspective. I am a 65 yo disabled man. For me to walk to the nearest bus to the city is about 6-8 minutes!!! From the hotel to the main centre would take an able bodied person less than 10 minutes to walk. So, for a cheap, clean and VERY friendly hotel... put some Color in your life!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet side street, so noise is not a big issue... although I did have some rather noisy neighbours... due to their over zealous love making!!! Which seemed to be more noise than substance!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank BPLegend1948
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is quite difficult to find, and is ten or fifteen minutes walk from the centre, and about 40 minutes from the beach. The area is run down, but feels perfectly safe even at night. It's a long way to the nearest appealing eating place. It's very quiet.
The service was fine, the rooms equipped with everything one needs, but no frills. The beds are close together and the wiring looked a bit dodgy. Given that Varna is a popular tourist town, the hotel was good value, but might consider upgrading somewhat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becky0210
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was going to give a much harsher review to this hotel, but I've traveled since to Italy, and I have found their '4 star' much worse. The 'Color' hotel in Varna has air-conditioning and minibar, and what put me off really, was the highly deceiving photos on their website. The room we stayed was actually tiny, and, due to the hot weather, I was almost gonna suffocate in the bathroom. Overall, the room and hotel look dated; again, it's much better (and cheaper) than what you'll find in other countries, let alone summer resorts. Still, for a similar price and incomparable quality, I recommend Best Western Prima.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diana_C_74
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I come to varna often and I have been in most 3 and 2 stars hotels but this was the best.
In 2 of june/13 I stayed for four nights first I asked to see the room where I am going to spend the night, it was very clean, towels and most accessories where available, rooms are good size, shower are fabulous very comfortable with lots of mirrors. I felt I am in four stars hotel.
good English speakers in reception quite friendly too. If any one looking for fantastic value for money and good location to get access to all part of the city this hotel can deliver it all at ones .fast Internet with wi-fi was also available
Negative points about it the street which color hotel in was very narrow , the hotel itself is hard to find, tv is considerably small size

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business