See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2015

Flag hostel is a great place to stay. I spent more time there than I expected and I wanted to stay even longer. The two girls working there are super friendly and fun, they make you feel at home immediately. It's a small hostel, which gives you the chance to pretty much get to know everyone better and eventually turn into a little family for a few days! It's also great that you don't have to share your room with too many other people. The hostel was actually very clean and tidy. Ellie and Daisy were constantly cleaning and making sure everything was in order and everyone was happy. They even cooked a traditional Bulgarian soup for us, which was delicious! Location is perfect, close to the beach, bars, restaurants, 24-hour supermarket and anything you need. I loved the fact that it was super peaceful and relaxing at the hostel and then we could turn in into an insane party night out on the beach. I recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Well we thought it would be ok from other reviews and recommendations on the internet but..we were welcomed with a 'hi here is the key this is your room' poor girl didn't have much to say, couldn't even show us where we were on the map. Our beds weren't made. we went out to walk around and explore came back about 2 hours later (beds still not made) and no one was there! i think there was another dude sleeping in his room. Slowly some guests started to come back from being out during the day we got the wifi password from them. Finally hosts returned (3 hours later) and gave us nice colourful sheets, place is visually dirty, soaking wet bathrooms/ shower/ toilet. it looks like a bad share house with people sleeping in the common room too! I wouldn't recommend

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

Very nice hostel and a perfect location! It's right in the centre and the beach is at hand. Lovely! The place was very clean and the hostess was super friendly and helpful. Another thing that really caught my eye were the beautiful coloutful sheets they gave me that made my sleep even nicer. I recommend Flag Varna.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

Flag hostel was a quaint place for our one night stay in Varna. I stayed here with two friends and we felt welcome right away. The young woman running the hostel (her name escapes me...sorry!) was very friendly and accommodating and gave my friends and I great suggestions for our time in Varna and our journey to Sofia. Good location, short walking distance to beach, city center and bus stop with plenty of shops and restaurants around it.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hostel is well located,it has laundry facilities and kitchen in case you wish to cook your own food, and the staff is very helpfull and friendly.They kindly gave me all the info I needed, from where to eat, to valuable travel info.Really nice place to stay, so I recommend it

Date of stay: May 2014