“Good location and value for money”
Review of Dafi Hotel

Dafi Hotel
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Plovdiv
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We Stayed in May this year, I would say that is a good hotel. It is located in a good location. Clean and comfortable room, good food.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had mixed feelings about the location of the Dafi. It was located in a quiet area close to Old Town, which was good. Howevever there were several sex shops in the area which made me question the location at the same time. The staff were all extremely friendly and spoke good English.

The room was adequate, but not well equipped. They provided only one bath towel and hand towel and there was no top sheet on the bed. That meant we had to cover with the bedspread or the blanket in the closet. I'm always hesitant to cover with something that I imagine wasn't washed before my arrival.

For those not accustomed to the shower facilities in this part of the world, you may not enjoy the facilities found here. The entire bathroom IS the shower. I'm not talking about the situation where there's a shower stall or a tub without a shower curtain. At the Dafi there's a drain in the middle of the bathroom and when you shower the water goes everywhere. When you're finished the entire floor is wet and you have to dry it before you can use the sink, toilet, etc. This can be difficult when you have only one bath towel. It's not terrible, but can be confusing if you've never encountered it before.

All in all, I'd say the Dafi is an okay place to spend a night or two.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LindaSG
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Very friendly and excellent service. Plentiful and delicious breakfast was included in our rooms rates. Pleasant and comfortable rooms. A location that cannot be beat (in Kapana, immediately next to the Old Town). The next time I am visiting Plovdiv, I will look into this hotel first.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank unnamed_1
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We spent the nights of Apr 9, 10 and 11 2012. From the time of our arrival til we left they gave great customer service. They served a complementary breakfast in the ajoining restaurant and offered a cold takeaway when we left early in the morning to catch our train. There was also free Wi-fi in the room. Clean hotel and great room centrally located steps away from the pedestrian walkway.

Room Tip: Upper floor had great views of hillside.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex A
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We booked Dafi Hotel in Plovdiv after reading positive reviews about this on the internet. However on our arrival I found the hotel receptionist (a male) to be unwelcoming and in general just appeared disinterested. The hotel room itself was ok, very large and clean with a nice bathroom; however I think that my first impressions of the hotel probably had an effect on everything else and I just didn't get a positive feeling from the hotel at all. The electricity in our room was faulty so at first we had trouble getting the lights to come on; when we went down to ask the receptionist he did not come up to see what the problem was, but just said "Yes, all the rooms do that sometimes".

The bedroom was quite dimly lit and made it seem a bit depressing when we arrived in the evening; admittedly the next morning when the sun came up the room did appear brighter and more cheerful.

We had read that there was a buffet breakfast, but when we arrived were told that we instead had to choose between bread/cheese/ham, an omelette, or a sandwich. When I asked why this was, I was told that this depended on how many guests there were the next morning, and they did not expect to have enough the next day for the buffet to be worthwhile. On the plus side however, there was a hot drinks machine in the breakfast room that did an excellent hot chocolate. Also, the woman behind the reception desk the next day was much friendlier; unfortunately by then however we had made up our minds to change hotels.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank happinesswithin
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed here with my daughter during a trip through Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey. Dafi hotel was a great value, as matter of fact Plovdiv was a great value and I'm really glad we decided to include it in our tour. We arrived via bus at night and had to take a taxi to the hotel. Thereafter, we were able to walk everywhere--the historic areas, shopping areas and many restaurants. We really enjoyed visiting a small shop down the street--cvento-plovdiv. I also enjoyed the great staff who spoke great English and were able to help us plan a really nice day in Plovdiv.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Elizabeth23
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed in other hotels in Plovdiv, but this one beats the others hands down for value for money and comfort. We had the studio on the 4th floor for 75 lev per night. The beds were super comfortable, clean room, good shower. Very peaceful. Good view over towards the town centre rooves. Breakfast was a good buffet breakfast. Staff very helpful and polite. In short, I will not stay anywhere else in Plovdiv.

Room Tip: The studio 401 was large, spacious, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple