“Custom trip”

Plovdiv Trips
Ranked #1 of 5 Food & Drink in Plovdiv
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PLOVDIV TRIPS provides one day tours and transfers from Plovdiv to interesting tourist sites and locations in Bulgaria. The trips include both cultural and nature destinations like Bachkovo Monastery, Assen's Fortress, The Wonderful Bridges, Starosel Thracian Temple, Hissar, the Rose Valley, the Valley of the Thracian Kings, the Thracian Tomb of Kazanlak, the Rose Museum of Kazanlak, the Thracian Tomb Golyama Kosmatka, Koprivshtitsa, Veliko Tarnovo, Arbanasi, Shipka Memorial Church, Sofia, Rila Monastery, the Seven Rila Lakes, Musala Peak, etc. The company offers transfers from/to Plovdiv and Plovdiv Airport to/from different locations in Bulgaria like the capital Sofia and Sofia airport, the international ski resorts Pamporovo, Borovets and Bansko, the Black Sea resorts etc. PLOVDIV TRIPS also organizes guided walking tours of Plovdiv and customized trips and transfers on request.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Absolutely fantastic trip. We were able to customise the trip without any issues and visit the wonderful bridges and then a few villages we heard were very pretty. The guide (Stoyan) was extremely friendly and knowledgable and unbelievably accomodating.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

It would be impossible for me to say enough good things about my experience with Plovdiv Trips! My friend and I went on the "The Wonderful Bridges, Bachkovo Monastery and Assen's Fortress" tour with Stoyan - he was excellent. We felt that we not only got to see these wonderful places but Stoyan gave us a lot of local information that we would not have learned any other way. More than that, Stoyan is just so personable and his english excellent that we had a lot of fun! This tour was a highlight of our trip to Bulgaria!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Having arrived in Bulgaria without knowing much about the country, I booked a tour through Plovdiv Trips. My guide Stoyan was really knowledgable and told me about the history of the country whilst taking me around the best sites near Plovdiv. I was by myself and there was only one other person on the tour so it felt more like a private tour. I was actually feeling unwell so Stoyan stopped at a pharmacy for me too. What I really liked about the tour was that it was we didn't just visit the Monastery. We also had the chance to see more of the Bulgarian countryside and visit the Wonderful Bridges and the Fortress (as well as trying traditional Bulgarian soup). I really enjoyed the tour and would recommend it to anyone especially those travelling solo.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went on 3 day trips on 3 consecutive days with this tour operator. We went on the Koprivshtitsa, Veliko Turnavo and Thracian Tombs and Rose Valley tours. The guide picked us up from our hotel in Plovdiv and would drop off anywhere in the centre of town, as requested, or back at our hotel. This is actually an individually-tailored service. It was only the two of us and the guide in a private car, which gave us the flexibility to take as long as we liked at places or to simply make up as we went along. I specifically enjoyed the fact that the tours were not rushed and we had the chance to really take in the atmosphere of the places we went to visit. There was also plenty of time allowed for lunch and we would always be taken to places serving traditional Bulgarian food. All places we went to see were really fantastic. The guide was knowledgeable and patient with us. My only reservation was that the vehicle used for the tours was quite old and we would imagine that could put some people off... but not us. We felt safe all the time and our guide was always up for a good chat. We would strongly recommend you use this service to get to know Bulgaria a bit better if you find yourself in Plovdiv.

2  Thank ComdtNexus
PlovdivTrip, Owner at Plovdiv Trips, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

I would like to take the chance to thank our client for the good words regarding the trips she had with us. Regarding her comment on the tour vehicle I would like to clarify that this was a backup car that we use for the 1-rst time because all other vehicles that we have were not available at that time for different reasons. It was a very rare, 1-rst time exception and most probably we won’t be obliged to use that type of vehicle in the future. The car was older that usual but in perfect technical condition, cleaned the day before the first tour (as always) and with freshly refilled air conditioning system. All the vehicles that we use currently on our trips are air conditioned and not older than 5 years. Plovdiv trips mission and priority is to provide first class services resulting in 100 % clients satisfaction.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Most enjoyable few hours spent at Assen's Fortress & Bachkovo Monastery. friendly knowledgable & enthusiastic guide who appeared to be able to adapt to any type of group & their needs & interests. I only hope we can get back to Plovdiv to take in some more of this excellent service.