“The best guest house in the whole world "Old Plovdiv"”
Review of Hostel Old Plovdiv

and 1 more site!
Hostel Old Plovdiv
Reviewed January 14, 2014

In the hostel "Old Plovdiv" you will live in a vintage rooms (murals, wooden ceilings starninnye), will sleep in antique beds and will have breakfast near the Thracian wall, which 2000 years old. Hristo host will tell you about the history of the house and the city, and the employees (wonderful girls) will help you throughout. You will wake up with the listening of the old church bell ringing. (The price is virtually nothing)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dorogaja Katja,
Spasibo bolshoe for the great review !
Give my best regards to Natasha
and I am waiting to see you back here soon :)
S uvazheniem
Hristo Nikolaevich :)

There are newer reviews for Hostel Old Plovdiv

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I loved this hostel during my stay, delicious breakfast, spacious rooms, best beds I have slept in on my travels (with actual duvets), and the staff was amazing at making sure I was happy and getting taxis or organizing a ride to sights outside of the city (Asen's Fortress and the Bachkovo Monastery. Definitely would come back if I ever found myself in Plovdiv again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Dylan,
It was pleasure for me & my team
to organize trip for you to Bachkovo Monastery !
Yes, WE HAVE THE BEST BEDS in the city
and THE MOST DELICIOUS BREAKFAST.
For the Summer 2014 we have prepared
14 AMAZING TRIPS AROUND PLOVDIV for our guests !
You are always welcome back here !

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Two friends and I stayed at Hostel Old Plovdiv in August of 2013. We had been traveling Europe the entire summer and this was by far the best hostel we stayed in. The airport pickup is reasonable and super efficient, a welcome sign written in your native language awaits you at the door and the building, a renovated house, is quite unique.

Our room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was simple but delicious (and served at whatever hour you wake up), and the staff was helpful, but not at all pushy. Hristo is an amazing owner, but the entire staff is amazingly polite.

The only criticism I could think of is that the ambience at the hostel itself is somewhat quiet at night, but even that is a stretch, if you are in Plovdiv, this should be by far your number one option.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jose,
It was such a pleasure for me& my team to have you , your brother and Fernando
as our guests ! As you know we offer our guests airport transfers on very reasonable prices,
UNPARALLELED SERVICE - as you describe it and BEST LOCATION in Plovdiv.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have stayed at Hostel Old Plovdiv several times & have never been disappointed. A warm & friendly welcome is always waiting & the rooms are large & traditionally decorated & the beds are wonderfully comfortable ensuring a good night's sleep in a peaceful & beautiful location. The whole house is spotless & bathrooms are bright & modern. There's a huge sitting room overlooking a charming courtyard garden.
Breakfast is fresh & plentiful with a vegetarian option.
Location wise, you couldn't ask for anything more perfect. Situated on a winding cobble stone street in the very heart of the Old Town which has it's own unique atmosphere.
Of course, ther are other places to stay in Plovdiv but, for me, there is only one choice & that will always be Hostel Old Plovdiv.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lynda462014
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Lynda,
To have you and your family as our guests almost every month
is such a great honor for me & team !
I wish to you and the boys Very Successful New 2014 !!!
You are always welcome here !

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very good location, spacious rooms, nice staff - very responsive, nice coffe, choice of vegetarian and meal breakfast. Аuthentic old-fashioned atmosphere, comfortable resting place between rooms and romatic garden.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Silvia,
It is always a great pleasure for me & my wife
to have such smiling and positive guests like you !!!
We are waiting to see you back here soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We booked this place well in advance based on reviews in Tripadvisor. We found out on arrival that it was a festival that weekend so the place was fully booked. We got the worst room in the place- it doesn't always pay to book and pay in advance! It was directly behind the reception and was a basement - the windows looked out to the courtyard but the floor of the room was well below the level of the courtyard. Because there were people in the courtyard the whole time we had to keep the curtains closed to give us privacy - leaving the room dark and DEPRESSING!!.Also because it was directly behind the reception and the walls were paper thin we heard every single sound that people made coming and going. During the night a baby in a room next door cried for att least an hour and it was just as though it was in the same room! When I complained to the owner that I was very unhappy with the room he said there was nothing he could do until the next day as he was fully booked. The next day we were moved to a very pleasant room. This does not change the fact that we spent half our time here in a room that we really found very depressing and we had a terrible sleep due to the noise. The owner fobbed us off and seemed to think that because half our stay was satisfactory that was enough. It was not. We would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: When you book make sure you aren't going to be given the basement room directly behind the recep...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank vacabu13
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Fiona,
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at HOSTEL OLD PLOVDIV.
It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain the highest standards of service that we provide to our valued guests like you and your daughter !
I can understand, that it is really hard and some time depressing for a single mom like you
to travel for months on a foreign continent alone with your teenage daughter.
May be this was the reason for you to change the dates of your original booking 4 times.
Arriving at 9 P.M after sunset and after 12–hour long journey from Istanbul,
can be really depressing too and I fully understand you.
May be this is the reason why you did not like the DELUXE DOUBLE PRIVATE ROOM, OVERLOOKING OUR BEAUTIFUL GARDEN you were accommodated originally.
I am sorry, that even our welcoming sign with the names of you and your daughter on it
and raising the Australian flag for you did not help you fight this depression.
Obviously didn’t help and the pinch of our homemade ice tea,
served for you and your teenage daughter as a FREE WELCOMING DRINK
in our beautiful inner garden.
I am really sorry about this. Finally I would like to thank you, that you really liked the room I moved you in and for evaluating it as “A VERY PLEASANT ROOM”.
Please give my best regards to your daughter Rachel- I was more than happy to help her find the best souvenir from your stay in Plovdiv.
I really hope, that you will manage to fight your depression successfully.
You are always welcome back here !
For your next booking please feel free to contact me directly
at my mobile: + 359 888 63 63 70

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Hostel Old Plovdiv is a wonderful place to stay. I was travelling alone so needed to feel safe and secure. The hostel has a 24 hour reception, and is staffed and managed in a friendly professional manner. The breakfast was good, with a vegetarian option, and the rooms really warm and comfortable/ I have travelled a great deal in Eastern Europe, and can honestly say this is the very best hostel I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. TINA NORWICH UK

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Tina,
Having you as our guest was such a delight !
All the girls from the reception are sending you their warmest regards !
They are already missing your sweet girly talks :)
We are all waiting to see you back Spring 2014 !
Thank you for the great review !