“Best HOSTEL EVER”
Review of Hostel Old Plovdiv

Hostel Old Plovdiv
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hostels around the world but this is THE BEST one so far. I would definitely recommend it. The rooms are aesthetically designed and they are really clean. The best part was the AMAZING staff - they are very pleasant and extremely helpful. On one of the days we woke up only by 11 AM (way past breakfast time), but because we requested, they still gave us breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PSundar15
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Pradeep,
It is always a pleasure to see,
that my efforts to turn my guests into TRAVELERS
and not Tourists are appreciated.
Give my best regards to the rest of the boys :)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

What else can anyone add to a place which has nothing but EXCELLENT reviews? First time I checked the reviews I thought there might have been a mistake, it couldn't be possible to have all excellents, not even one "very good"...but after staying there, I know the Hostel Old Plovdiv deserves excellent reviews! Everything is wonderful. Hristo and the girls at the frontdesk will always be welcoming you with a sincere smile, taking care of you. The place is very clean, the whole day. Lot of charm and good taste in the decoration. Tidy, peaceful, warm, feels like home. In a superb location also, what else can you ask??? Only pray to come back!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DagaDanbor

Dear Daniel,
This is one of the nicest reviews I had ever received !!!
Thank you very much for your kindness !

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Old Plovdiv Hostel was a lovely place to stay, ideally located in the heart of the old town. The room was very clean and had a really attractive old-fashioned feel to it - I particularly liked the vintage radio on the wall. The bed was very comfortable too. Perfect for relaxing after a day trekking up and down the hills of Plovdiv! Although I was the only guest, everyone at the hostel was very friendly and helpful and generous with their time and advice. I'd like to stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Henry B
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Henry,

Thank you not only for this wonderful review,
but for mentioning us in your blog also :)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice building and clean rooms. Our time in Hostel Old Plovdiv was great! Me and my college spent two nights in this beautiful old spirit hostel. People who are working there are friendly and professional. Definitely this is the place for open mind and positive people!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Valexandar

Dear Alex,
It's a real honor for me to have you back again as my guest
and to have such a positive review !

Waiting to see you back soon :)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed the last weekend in this hostel. Every thing was good, nice room and building, good location, very good customer service... The price was very good. I think that is the best choice to spend a night in Plovdiv.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Boroierytu
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Borja,

you and your friends are always welcome back here !
Thanks' a lot for the highest possible rating you gave us !

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our 2-day stay at the Old Plovdiv Hostel was a real delight! Ideally situated at the old town's very
center,this is a characterful 150-year old house restored to perfection and with all modern
amenities.Christo,the owner,together with his wife and the rest of the staff tried their best to make
our stay a truly memorable experience.Spacious rooms with antique furniture, clean communal
showers and a small courtyard ideal for a midday laze are the hostel's assets.
We strongly recommend this place not only for its ambience and comfort,but for its owner and
staff as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Christos T

Dear Christos & Katerina,

you are one of the most smiling and positive guests we ever had!
I am waiting to receive your advices of how to get our garden even more beautiful.
Waiting to see you back soon

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed at Old Plovdiv twice now, and I intend to stay there whenever I am in Plovdiv. For the cost there could not possibly be a better place. The atmosphere is great, the service amazing, cleanliness and comfort was all above par.

The first time I stayed there I was with a friend and we had a room on the second floor. After we made our reservations we received a warm email from the owner confirming our arrival time, which I thought was a great touch. When we arrived there was a note on the board to welcome us and our room was toasty warm (hard to do in such a large place in December) with lavender on the pillows. We had planned to go out but because we felt so comfortable there we instead bought some wine and stayed in, using the very comfy common room. Breakfast was sufficient in amount but I really liked the touch that they served a plate to everyone instead of making a buffet. Toast, juice, coffee and tea were endless. There was also wine, beer, and soft drinks available at a reasonable price, for in the evening. The shower on the second floor is amazing- lots of pressure, lots of space, hot water, and very new/modern.

The second time I stayed on the first floor in the twin room with my fiance for the first night, and then we moved up to the second floor for three more nights. I will say that I prefer the second floor, because the rooms up there have even more charm, but still the service, friendliness and atmosphere of the place was amazing.

I haven't been there in the summer but hope to return to see their garden opened up. I think that for travelers that want a unique place to stay that really gives a great old town feel then this would be the one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Kojishi
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Lorraine,

when I read your review I understand, that my efforts are not in vane,
thank you very much !
Give my best regards to Nikola !