“old world charm at really affordable rates.”
Review of Hostel Old Plovdiv

and 1 more site!
Hostel Old Plovdiv
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our 2-day stay at the Old Plovdiv Hostel was a real delight! Ideally situated at the old town's very
center,this is a characterful 150-year old house restored to perfection and with all modern
amenities.Christo,the owner,together with his wife and the rest of the staff tried their best to make
our stay a truly memorable experience.Spacious rooms with antique furniture, clean communal
showers and a small courtyard ideal for a midday laze are the hostel's assets.
We strongly recommend this place not only for its ambience and comfort,but for its owner and
staff as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Christos T
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Christos & Katerina,

you are one of the most smiling and positive guests we ever had!
I am waiting to receive your advices of how to get our garden even more beautiful.
Waiting to see you back soon

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed at Old Plovdiv twice now, and I intend to stay there whenever I am in Plovdiv. For the cost there could not possibly be a better place. The atmosphere is great, the service amazing, cleanliness and comfort was all above par.

The first time I stayed there I was with a friend and we had a room on the second floor. After we made our reservations we received a warm email from the owner confirming our arrival time, which I thought was a great touch. When we arrived there was a note on the board to welcome us and our room was toasty warm (hard to do in such a large place in December) with lavender on the pillows. We had planned to go out but because we felt so comfortable there we instead bought some wine and stayed in, using the very comfy common room. Breakfast was sufficient in amount but I really liked the touch that they served a plate to everyone instead of making a buffet. Toast, juice, coffee and tea were endless. There was also wine, beer, and soft drinks available at a reasonable price, for in the evening. The shower on the second floor is amazing- lots of pressure, lots of space, hot water, and very new/modern.

The second time I stayed on the first floor in the twin room with my fiance for the first night, and then we moved up to the second floor for three more nights. I will say that I prefer the second floor, because the rooms up there have even more charm, but still the service, friendliness and atmosphere of the place was amazing.

I haven't been there in the summer but hope to return to see their garden opened up. I think that for travelers that want a unique place to stay that really gives a great old town feel then this would be the one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Kojishi
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Lorraine,

when I read your review I understand, that my efforts are not in vane,
thank you very much !
Give my best regards to Nikola !

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hostel Old Plovdiv is almost a reason to stay in Plovdiv by itself. The staff are incredibly friendly, the building is beautiful, spacious, comfortable and historic. It's right smack bang in the middle of old town too! I highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank ACUZ_91

Dear Daniel,

It is always a pleasure to read such a nice comments, thank you very much !
You must come back in March or April-our inner garden will seduce you.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed only one night at the Guest House Old Plovdiv and it was really a great experience: the house and our room are beautifully restorated and refurbished, Hristo and his staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect for exploring the charming old town of Plovdiv. We can only recommend Hristo's Guest House for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dafid17

Dear David & Marie,

It is such an honor for me and my staff to have such a positive review from you !
Thank you very much and I am waiting to see you back here
-our inner garden is fantastic in the spring !

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place is absolutely perfect. The only flaw, which is characteristic of many hostels in eastern Europe anyway, is that large common areas are not heated, so you need to wear a coat to lounge there. They do this because it's not that busy at this time of year, and because they charge so low.

For 9 euros, you get free breakfast, a platter of salami, cheese and cucumber, served to you. Unlimited self serve food included is tea, juice, coffee and toast with toaster.

The hostel itself is an old mansion, in a great location in old town. It's a bit of a climb up an old road with large uneven cobblestones, but to me it was easy. The mansion is beautifully restored and flawless, save for a few rooms that are not yet renovated. The washrooms are spotless and modern in decor.

Hristo is the most genuine and friendly hostel host I have encountered in Europe. He goes out of his way to give you the best information and a comfortable stay, and all with a bright smile.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank My2BareFeet
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Yantai,

Thank you for choosing to stay in Hostel "Old Plovdiv" and thank you fro wonderfull review you submit for us !

You are always welcome back here!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Perfect location in the heart of Old Town, huge rooms with only a few beds per room, massive lockable storage spaces, best shower I've ever seen in a hostel, all you can eat tasty breakfast, and the best of all was the staff. More than helpful, they made us popcorn every night, and when we asked where a good, cheap place to eat was, the owner not only recommended a place, but drove us there. Also gave us an extra free breakfast the morning we got there. Also the hostel cat, "Fute" is the coolest cat ever. It was our friends birthday and they made her a personalized happy birthday sign. Don't bother trying anywhere else, I wish this hostel could be in every town I've ever gone to so I could stay there. The staff is constantly cleaning too, so the place is spotless.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Corey B
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Corey,
your group was fantastic and it was pleasure for me to meet you as my guests !
Thank you very much for the highest possible rating you gave us
and for the wonderful review !

Reviewed January 6, 2013

What fits better to the charming old city of Plovdiv than a charming place to stay?
We really enjoyed our stay on "Old Plovdiv" not only because of the building and the Interieur. Thanks to Hristo and his staff we got the feeling to be welcomed private guests with interesting other people we could meet here.
The whole atmosphere as well in the city as in the hostel surprised us with it's charme.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Karsten S

Dear Karsten,
Dear Eva,
It was real pleasure to meet you and your family.
Karsten, you are the soul of every company, thank you for entertaining me and my guests.