“Charming Guest House”
Review of Hostel Old Plovdiv

and 1 more site!
Hostel Old Plovdiv
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed only one night at the Guest House Old Plovdiv and it was really a great experience: the house and our room are beautifully restorated and refurbished, Hristo and his staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect for exploring the charming old town of Plovdiv. We can only recommend Hristo's Guest House for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dafid17
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear David & Marie,

It is such an honor for me and my staff to have such a positive review from you !
Thank you very much and I am waiting to see you back here
-our inner garden is fantastic in the spring !

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place is absolutely perfect. The only flaw, which is characteristic of many hostels in eastern Europe anyway, is that large common areas are not heated, so you need to wear a coat to lounge there. They do this because it's not that busy at this time of year, and because they charge so low.

For 9 euros, you get free breakfast, a platter of salami, cheese and cucumber, served to you. Unlimited self serve food included is tea, juice, coffee and toast with toaster.

The hostel itself is an old mansion, in a great location in old town. It's a bit of a climb up an old road with large uneven cobblestones, but to me it was easy. The mansion is beautifully restored and flawless, save for a few rooms that are not yet renovated. The washrooms are spotless and modern in decor.

Hristo is the most genuine and friendly hostel host I have encountered in Europe. He goes out of his way to give you the best information and a comfortable stay, and all with a bright smile.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank My2BareFeet
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Yantai,

Thank you for choosing to stay in Hostel "Old Plovdiv" and thank you fro wonderfull review you submit for us !

You are always welcome back here!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Perfect location in the heart of Old Town, huge rooms with only a few beds per room, massive lockable storage spaces, best shower I've ever seen in a hostel, all you can eat tasty breakfast, and the best of all was the staff. More than helpful, they made us popcorn every night, and when we asked where a good, cheap place to eat was, the owner not only recommended a place, but drove us there. Also gave us an extra free breakfast the morning we got there. Also the hostel cat, "Fute" is the coolest cat ever. It was our friends birthday and they made her a personalized happy birthday sign. Don't bother trying anywhere else, I wish this hostel could be in every town I've ever gone to so I could stay there. The staff is constantly cleaning too, so the place is spotless.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Corey B
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Corey,
your group was fantastic and it was pleasure for me to meet you as my guests !
Thank you very much for the highest possible rating you gave us
and for the wonderful review !

Reviewed January 6, 2013

What fits better to the charming old city of Plovdiv than a charming place to stay?
We really enjoyed our stay on "Old Plovdiv" not only because of the building and the Interieur. Thanks to Hristo and his staff we got the feeling to be welcomed private guests with interesting other people we could meet here.
The whole atmosphere as well in the city as in the hostel surprised us with it's charme.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Karsten S

Dear Karsten,
Dear Eva,
It was real pleasure to meet you and your family.
Karsten, you are the soul of every company, thank you for entertaining me and my guests.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its location (right in the Old town) and because it was different from the other hotels by its exclusive old style design, where you can feel like you are in the 19th century. But everything was much more interesting and perfect than we could expect.
The owner and the stuff of the hotel were very friendly and helpfull. Special thanks to the owner of the hotel Hristo, who invited us to celebrate the New Year Eve with him and his friends and we spent a greate time with fireworks, champagne, bulgarian dishes, songs, Santa and presents.
We highly recommend this hotel for its service, location and very resonable price and would like to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want to feel the spirit of the past accompanied with a perfect nowadays service choose any ro...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Alex-Lusine

Dear Lusine & Alex,

you are one lovely couple and it was pleasure for me to meet you as my guests!
Waiting to see you soon- in Bulgaria or in Greece!
Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The room is particularly larger with a mix of modern and traditional design, we don't normally take pictures of the hotel room we stay at but this one. Bathroom is ultra clean and frequently maintained. Staffs are very warm and Hristo arranged us to see a dentist one hour after our request when my partner needed it urgently. I left the mobile in the room after we checked out, Hristo himself brought the mobile phone to the bus station. So we are very happy with everything about ths place.

Room Tip: Different rooms have different color scheme and to me they are all pretty.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Grace G
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Grace,
Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review!
You are a lovely couple and it was pleasure for me to have you as our guests !
I hope your trip to Istanbul was nice and safe.
You are always welcome back here !

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Super kind staff, hot water comes out well, Good breakfast, Clean room, Nice interior design...
I love Old Plovdiv hostel. Someday if I can come Plovdiv again, I'll stay in here without hesitation!

oh, I should write more than two hundred characters.... Hmm... what else.... and people who stayed in here were all very kind. I love'em. and It is also very good place to stay with family, I think.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LucidKim
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Mr.Kim,

Many thanks for the good words about my hostel !
I really appreciate the highest possible rating you gave us!
You are always welcome back here!