“Back to the19th century”
Review of Hostel Old Plovdiv

Hostel Old Plovdiv
Alexandroupoli, Greece
“Back to the19th century”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its location (right in the Old town) and because it was different from the other hotels by its exclusive old style design, where you can feel like you are in the 19th century. But everything was much more interesting and perfect than we could expect.
The owner and the stuff of the hotel were very friendly and helpfull. Special thanks to the owner of the hotel Hristo, who invited us to celebrate the New Year Eve with him and his friends and we spent a greate time with fireworks, champagne, bulgarian dishes, songs, Santa and presents.
We highly recommend this hotel for its service, location and very resonable price and would like to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want to feel the spirit of the past accompanied with a perfect nowadays service choose any ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Alex-Lusine
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Lusine & Alex,

you are one lovely couple and it was pleasure for me to meet you as my guests!
Waiting to see you soon- in Bulgaria or in Greece!
Thank you for the great review!
Hristo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The room is particularly larger with a mix of modern and traditional design, we don't normally take pictures of the hotel room we stay at but this one. Bathroom is ultra clean and frequently maintained. Staffs are very warm and Hristo arranged us to see a dentist one hour after our request when my partner needed it urgently. I left the mobile in the room after we checked out, Hristo himself brought the mobile phone to the bus station. So we are very happy with everything about ths place.

Room Tip: Different rooms have different color scheme and to me they are all pretty.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Grace G
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Grace,
Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review!
You are a lovely couple and it was pleasure for me to have you as our guests !
I hope your trip to Istanbul was nice and safe.
You are always welcome back here !

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Super kind staff, hot water comes out well, Good breakfast, Clean room, Nice interior design...
I love Old Plovdiv hostel. Someday if I can come Plovdiv again, I'll stay in here without hesitation!

oh, I should write more than two hundred characters.... Hmm... what else.... and people who stayed in here were all very kind. I love'em. and It is also very good place to stay with family, I think.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LucidKim
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Mr.Kim,

Many thanks for the good words about my hostel !
I really appreciate the highest possible rating you gave us!
You are always welcome back here!

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed December 24, 2012

"Old Plovdiv" is a beautiful place, old architecture and furniture, wood and stone, apart from the fact that you share toilet and bathroom, it is a luxury. the staff is extremely friendly, really exceptional, the rooms are huge but warm and really clean, they think about details like a bunch of lavender on your pillow, cocoa drink for the kids and i'm sure very soon you'll have to book well in advance to get a bed there. even a hostel it is much better value than most hotels in Bulgaria. My son(8) who likes only modern expensive hotels had to admit that this was very good accommodation and he liked it.
Irina Karakehayova

Room Tip: I do not know, our room was excellent but I haven't been in the others.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank irina k
Dear Irina,

Your family is really wonderful, it was honor for us to have you as our guests!
For me and my wife it is a real pleasure to see,
that our guests are appreciating our efforts to offer a quality service and hospitality.
Thank you for the great review.
Waiting to see you back here soon :)

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Arrived to a welcome sign with my name on it! Fantastic touch and lightened up my day after a long journey! Todo & Nikoli were fantastic staff! Always helpful warm and kind! Right in the heart of the old town & only a few minutes walk from the centre I would stay there again & again!

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Warren M
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Anna,
I wish all our guest will be like you !
Thank you for the great review and for giving us maximum rating!
Waiting to see you back soon

Paris, France
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Amazingly beautiful old renovated house in the very historical Center of Plovdiv !
The owner, Hristo, and its staff are very welcoming. They would make everything possible to ensure that you spend a great time.
We would love to come back one day... as for us it was the best place we found during our cycle trip from Paris to Istanbul !

Many thanks for your kindness, and congratulations for the great work you did in renovating this house.

Val and Corentin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie-Anne B
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Valerie-Anne & Corentin ,

you are amazing couple, I really find you as the most adventurous people I ever met !
Reading such wonderful words for our Guest House
really makes my heart feel with pride ! Thank you very much !
Waiting to see you again in Plovdiv-with or without bicycle:)

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This is exactly where I'll stay again when I return to Plovdiv, Bulgaria! Despite the fact that I'm not especially fond nor accustomed to sharing a bath, everything else about this hotel / hostel was exceptional. This is Old Plovdiv at its finest. The home has recently been renovated with spotless white tiled bathrooms that nicely juxtapose with the dark old creaky wooden floors of the halls and rooms. The highlights of our stay though were the full on kind gestures of the owners and their staff. They genuinely could not have done any more to make us feel more welcomed, as if we were old friends staying at their home. They've raised the all time bar of hospitality to new heights. One young woman at the front desk even took a taxi to buy our bus tickets for us! If you're going to Old Plovdiv do yourself a big favor and stay here. I'm home now, but I wish I could give these nice people a big hug!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Farandfine
Dear James,
Dear Heather,
Dear Henry,

Thank , thank you, thank you for your kind words for Guest House "Old Plovdiv"!
To have such high rating from you makes me really proud.
You are always welcome back here!