Hostel Old Plovdiv
Star Hotel(Plovdiv)
Hotel Maritza(Plovdiv)
Villa Antica(Plovdiv)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe ownerold houseplace is beautifullovely gardenhomemade lemonadeguest houseplace to stayfree breakfast iscommon areasdorm roombeautiful buildingbulgarian revivalexcellent placeold stylecomfortable bedscommon roomperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Super kind staff, hot water comes out well, Good breakfast, Clean room, Nice interior design...
I love Old Plovdiv hostel. Someday if I can come Plovdiv again, I'll stay in here without hesitation!

oh, I should write more than two hundred characters.... Hmm... what else.... and people who stayed in here were all very kind. I love'em. and It is also very good place to stay with family, I think.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LucidKim
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Mr.Kim,

Many thanks for the good words about my hostel !
I really appreciate the highest possible rating you gave us!
You are always welcome back here!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

"Old Plovdiv" is a beautiful place, old architecture and furniture, wood and stone, apart from the fact that you share toilet and bathroom, it is a luxury. the staff is extremely friendly, really exceptional, the rooms are huge but warm and really clean, they think about details like a bunch of lavender on your pillow, cocoa drink for the kids and i'm sure very soon you'll have to book well in advance to get a bed there. even a hostel it is much better value than most hotels in Bulgaria. My son(8) who likes only modern expensive hotels had to admit that this was very good accommodation and he liked it.
Irina Karakehayova

Room Tip: I do not know, our room was excellent but I haven't been in the others.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank irina k

Dear Irina,

Your family is really wonderful, it was honor for us to have you as our guests!
For me and my wife it is a real pleasure to see,
that our guests are appreciating our efforts to offer a quality service and hospitality.
Thank you for the great review.
Waiting to see you back here soon :)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Arrived to a welcome sign with my name on it! Fantastic touch and lightened up my day after a long journey! Todo & Nikoli were fantastic staff! Always helpful warm and kind! Right in the heart of the old town & only a few minutes walk from the centre I would stay there again & again!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Warren M
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Anna,
I wish all our guest will be like you !
Thank you for the great review and for giving us maximum rating!
Waiting to see you back soon

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Amazingly beautiful old renovated house in the very historical Center of Plovdiv !
The owner, Hristo, and its staff are very welcoming. They would make everything possible to ensure that you spend a great time.
We would love to come back one day... as for us it was the best place we found during our cycle trip from Paris to Istanbul !

Many thanks for your kindness, and congratulations for the great work you did in renovating this house.

Val and Corentin.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie-Anne B
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Valerie-Anne & Corentin ,

you are amazing couple, I really find you as the most adventurous people I ever met !
Reading such wonderful words for our Guest House
really makes my heart feel with pride ! Thank you very much !
Waiting to see you again in Plovdiv-with or without bicycle:)

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This is exactly where I'll stay again when I return to Plovdiv, Bulgaria! Despite the fact that I'm not especially fond nor accustomed to sharing a bath, everything else about this hotel / hostel was exceptional. This is Old Plovdiv at its finest. The home has recently been renovated with spotless white tiled bathrooms that nicely juxtapose with the dark old creaky wooden floors of the halls and rooms. The highlights of our stay though were the full on kind gestures of the owners and their staff. They genuinely could not have done any more to make us feel more welcomed, as if we were old friends staying at their home. They've raised the all time bar of hospitality to new heights. One young woman at the front desk even took a taxi to buy our bus tickets for us! If you're going to Old Plovdiv do yourself a big favor and stay here. I'm home now, but I wish I could give these nice people a big hug!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Farandfine

Dear James,
Dear Heather,
Dear Henry,

Thank , thank you, thank you for your kind words for Guest House "Old Plovdiv"!
To have such high rating from you makes me really proud.
You are always welcome back here!